Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can't extract project; can't even go to html page to see version.

Can't extract project; can't even go to html page to see version.

I have all but given up on extracting programming from this processor and have given the customer a price for factory defaulting and reprogramming everything from scratch but thought I'd ask here.The system was installed in 2010 which would put it right at the time Ra2 first came out. I'm not sure if or when it was every updated so it's very possible that the firmware is too old to extract programming. Today I plugged in my trusty Linksys router to it and thought I'd roll the dice and connected my laptop to the router and fired up Ra2 12.7 software and hit "extract programming". The software found the serial number of the processor but it was grayed out and said "cannot communicate". I did a little search and found that my router had assigned 192.168.1.100 to the main repeater and tried to go to that on chrome and nothing popped up.After following the old tech support direction to set up static IP and manually connect, I was able to change the ip address of the processor to static and 192.168.1.202 (laptop was 192.168.1.201) and was successful but again, when I tried to go to the web browser and look at the version number, it could not go. Also when attempting to extract, it said "No project- xxxxxx". Not sure if that's what it said before but this time I took a photo. So are there any other tricks or should I give up on extracting the project? Also, what's the best way to factory default everything? If I do the main repeater first, will it automatically factory default the rest of the devices? There are only like 30 all together (not counting remote dimmers) so it's not too bad but saving 30 minutes saves the customer 30 minutes of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    I have all but given up on extracting programming from this processor and have given the customer a price for factory defaulting and reprogramming everything from scratch but thought I'd ask here.The system was installed in 2010 which would put it right at the time Ra2 first came out. I'm not sure if or when it was every updated so it's very possible that the firmware is too old to extract programming. Today I plugged in my trusty Linksys router to it and thought I'd roll the dice and connected my laptop to the router and fired up Ra2 12.7 software and hit "extract programming". The software found the serial number of the processor but it was grayed out and said "cannot communicate". I did a little search and found that my router had assigned 192.168.1.100 to the main repeater and tried to go to that on chrome and nothing popped up.After following the old tech support direction to set up static IP and manually connect, I was able to change the ip address of the processor to static and 192.168.1.202 (laptop was 192.168.1.201) and was successful but again, when I tried to go to the web browser and look at the version number, it could not go. Also when attempting to extract, it said "No project- xxxxxx". Not sure if that's what it said before but this time I took a photo. So are there any other tricks or should I give up on extracting the project? Also, what's the best way to factory default everything? If I do the main repeater first, will it automatically factory default the rest of the devices? There are only like 30 all together (not counting remote dimmers) so it's not too bad but saving 30 minutes saves the customer 30 minutes of my time.
    You must be connected to the Internet or use the exact version of the software that is on the Main Repeater. The software will go to Lutron and get the resource files it needs to extract. I believe it is 6.0 and later that supports extraction. I've never tried Chrome but if the Main won't display the info, I'd say it is dead.

Unless you have the original database, you will have to reset every device. Otherwise they will think they are still part of the "other" system. You don't have to go in/out of activate when resetting the devices.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

There's a good chance that the repeater is on a 1.x to 3.x- You cannot extract. You'll have to rebuild from scratch.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You must be connected to the Internet or use the exact version of the software that is on the Main Repeater. The software will go to Lutron and get the resource files it needs to extract. I believe it is 6.0 and later that supports extraction. I've never tried Chrome but if the Main won't display the info, I'd say it is dead. Unless you have the original database, you will have to reset every device. Otherwise they will think they are still part of the "other" system. You don't have to go in/out of activate when resetting the devices.
    Thanks I forgot about the internet but I could have sworn the only other time I extracted programming, I wasn't on the internet. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try one last time.

Extraction started on 6.0, so you might still be out of luck. Without the internet, you are best having the firmware match the software what you are currently running. Otherwise the program struggles. Extraction uses Lutron's cloud to overcome the differences in the installed firmware and the software that's running. It's also why I recommend always downloading the full version of the software, not the prerequisites from web.

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Extraction started on 6.0, so you might still be out of luck. Without the internet, you are best having the firmware match the software what you are currently running. Otherwise the program struggles. Extraction uses Lutron's cloud to overcome the differences in the installed firmware and the software that's running. It's also why I recommend always downloading the full version of the software, not the prerequisites from web.
    Oh I always get the full version. Would that work without internet access?

it will if the version of the software matches the firmware on the repeater. If you can, hard wire to the main directly. Also have your laptop on wifi to the local network. The wifi will allow your computer to use the Lutron servers to assist in the extraction- there may need to be some translation from the older versions.

Thanks for the advice.