Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: iPhone button control

iPhone button control

I've looked for this information but haven't found it elsewhere, only vague references so sorry if it's repetitive. I have an IPhone, latest IOS.

On the IPhone Lutron interface, are there shortcuts to turn lights all the way on or all the way off from the main app page rather than tapping on the accessory than hitting the lights on or off button? I saw somewhere a reference to double taps and holding the button.

Same question for scenes - I tap to turn it on. How do I turn off a scene?

The app has a setting for a "Today Widget." I have a scene selected for it but where exactly is that widget?

Lastly, is there some sort of instruction document with all of this info?

Thanks,
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Russmd View Post
    The app has a setting for a "Today Widget." I have a scene selected for it but where exactly is that widget?
    Russ
    This is more specific to iOS. The widget can be added to the the Today screen of iOS Notification Center.

Swipe your finger down from the top of the screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the "Today" tab. Tap "Edit" and then add the Lutron Caseta widget. Now you can access your selected scenes quickly from the Today screen. See here for more general instructions:

http://www.igeeksblog.com/add-notifi...ipad-in-ios-8/

(Instructions are same for iOS 8 and 9)

Did it. Guess it's not terribly useful there, better if there was a widget on a main screen.
    thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Russmd View Post
    I've looked for this information but haven't found it elsewhere, only vague references so sorry if it's repetitive. I have an IPhone, latest IOS.

On the IPhone Lutron interface, are there shortcuts to turn lights all the way on or all the way off from the main app page rather than tapping on the accessory than hitting the lights on or off button? I saw somewhere a reference to double taps and holding the button.

Same question for scenes - I tap to turn it on. How do I turn off a scene?

Lastly, is there some sort of instruction document with all of this info?

Thanks,
    Russ
    For the first question: Double-taps & holding the icon button don't work on the app. You would have to create a scene that turns that light all the way on as part of the scene.

For the second question: In order to turn a scene off, you would have to create a second scene that turns that first scene's load(s) off.

For the final question: There isn't any physical document for this other than training videos on YouTube.