Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeworks QS manual

Homeworks QS manual

Where can I find the Homeworks QS manual?Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephens View Post
    Where can I find the Homeworks QS manual?Thanks in advance for your help.
    There isn't one per se. If you go to lutron.com, service and support, technical reference guides, there may be something there you can use.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks for the reply but I couldn't really find anything there. Any other suggestions on where I can get documentation (or anything else) on a programming topic for Homeworks QS?Thanks for your help.

Ive been complaining about this for years and gave up. Sometimes it would be nice for a help file to support the software. Instead they refer you to these forums and good luck finding an answer sometimes, or if you actually post for help from a Lutron rep you'll be waiting for days. Most software out there in the world has some kind of documentation, whether it be local or online. So if you need help either you get lucky on the forum, or call into Lutron and wait on the phone for someone for something you should be able to find yourself.

Are you looking for something for the owner or for the programmer? For programmers Lutron offers factory training, a ton of online training and videos including programming examples. The system is designed to be flexible so a system you design/program is going to be very different than one that I design/program. Lutron doesn't know what we are actually doing with the software (I hope) so they can't write a "user manual." They could put some stuff together to make it easier for us. There used to be a "manual" that consisted of all of the submittals for the various hardware.

The same situation applies to the owner. Lutron doesn't know what you did so they can't provide a manual.

I would love to see Lutron provide a single page document for each component that could be combined to form a manual. It would be similar to the submittal format but would not have all the specs. Maybe just features, operation and ratings (wattage, load type, voltage, etc.).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I've been looking for this as well. With the Series 8 processors they had these nice big booklets that had a ton of useful information about what links to go what devices, networking, etc. but I guess with QS, there links are simplified and things are always changing so maybe it's not practical to keep changing the manual. The most useful thing for me is still the large colored diagram.

Now that there is QSX and QS, I'd imagine it's even harder to have one big manual.

I've been having trouble finding the Homework QS manual myself. They always send me some forms to complete, but never the actual manual. circletranslations.com taught me how to use it. I don't understand what is so hard for some companies to post their manual. It would make everyone's job so much easier. Instead, you have to post on every forum, and social media account to find an answer. I've also searched for one on Youtube, lol. Either way, those guys helped me with everything I needed. Perhaps, it'll help you too. Let me know if you've found a solution to your problem by now...

Homework has always been a challenge for me.

Homework has always been a challenge for me. Especially languages. For example, English To Farsi transfers are very difficult. I would never have done it if not for the help of my mother and a cool online translator. The main thing is to find a quality transmitter that will suit you completely.

Hope you found out here the solution of the question that where Homeworks QS manual.
    Bradley,
    http://www.qualitydissertation.co.uk/