Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: connecting to google home

connecting to google home

My Lutron Caseta system stopped responding to voice commands through google assistant. I thought a reset would help, so I deleted Lutron from Google Home. Now when I try to add it back in, the Lutron app, under connections, indicates that I'm integrated with Google, but the Google Home app keep saying "Cannot update the setting. Check your connections."Any suggestions? Thanks.

problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by yastern View Post
    My Lutron Caseta system stopped responding to voice commands through google assistant. I thought a reset would help, so I deleted Lutron from Google Home. Now when I try to add it back in, the Lutron app, under connections, indicates that I'm integrated with Google, but the Google Home app keep saying "Cannot update the setting. Check your connections."Any suggestions? Thanks.
    In case anyone else has the same issue, I solved this problem. I unplugged the Smart Bridge hub for a while and then restarted it. I made sure that Lutron was not integrated with Google home. Then I went through the process of adding the Lutron setup to Google home, assigning lights to rooms, etc. It all works now. This was inspired by a similar solution with Alexa reported in this Forum

Quote Originally Posted by yastern View Post
    In case anyone else has the same issue, I solved this problem. I unplugged the Smart Bridge hub for a while and then restarted it. I made sure that Lutron was not integrated with Google home. Then I went through the process of adding the Lutron setup to Google home, assigning lights to rooms, etc. It all works now. This was inspired by a similar solution with Alexa reported in this Forum
    Thanks for the update. Seems like a pain to re-add everything but it is working.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com