Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceiling Fan Compatability

Ceiling Fan Compatability

Does anyone have a listing of compatible ceiling fans that work with PD-FSQN Caseta Wireless Fan Control? I have been reading some of these threads that DC motors and pretty much every fan with a remoter is not compatible. I would also want to separate the ceiling fan light for use with the Dimmer remote. Thanks.

Following.I've had no luck so far with any fan I've tried, all somewhat older. Craftmade, Hunter, and another. It works fine at 100%, but slow it down and it is way slower than the manual low setting of the fan. Probably just going to use Caseta on/off switches instead and adjust like we always have, with the pull chain. Something isn't right about these things. GE/Zwave fan controllers work fine with the same fans.

Lutron Technical Support
    The PD-FSQN is designed for use with pull chain fans that do not have a remote from the manufacturer. This is because in those cases the fans have a relay/limiter that is used for the remote and causes the fan to be incompatible with the PD-FSQN fan control.

My results

I was struggling with this as well. We have an old lake cabin with pull chain fans. I thought these would be a sure thing. Turns out they didn't work right. On/off was fine. High was fine. Anything less than High was unusably slow. Craftmade and Hunter brands. Cabin was built before 1980, but I really don't know the age of the fans.So I took one out, brought to our new (2005 build) house with fans with pull chains. Works like a champ so far. Have not done them all, but first two are working as advertised. Hunter brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    I was struggling with this as well. We have an old lake cabin with pull chain fans. I thought these would be a sure thing. Turns out they didn't work right. On/off was fine. High was fine. Anything less than High was unusably slow. Craftmade and Hunter brands. Cabin was built before 1980, but I really don't know the age of the fans.So I took one out, brought to our new (2005 build) house with fans with pull chains. Works like a champ so far. Have not done them all, but first two are working as advertised. Hunter brand.
    Check the capacity of the fans. The PD-FSQ is rated for a single fan at a max of 1.5 amps. I'd also check to make sure the pull chain is set to high (which it sounds like it is).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I bought three of these fans off of Amazon ( see link below) and I can say they work great with the Lutron PD-FSQN-WH Caseta Wireless Smart Fan Speed Control switch.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fan and Light with Caseta?

My requirement is to be able to control both the light (off and on) and the fan on-off and speed from one device that connects with my Caseta Hub. This with a Pull Chain Ceiling Fan (Possibly Minka Aire).Does Lutron make such a device?

Can I set up a fan that has lights as well? Do you have the fan switch (PD-FSQN) control the fan and a separate caseta switch control the lights? My electrician is not willing to think outside the box. I'm most concerned about controlling the lights on the fan than the fan itself, because I want to be able to set lighting scenes.

Good

It's really nice and meaningful. It's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing. you have really helped lots of people who visit this blog and provide them useful information. Thanks for sharing and please update some more information here. Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Get best Mobile App Development Dubai service you visit here site https://www.mistersaad.com/
    Last edited by Adam K.; 08-11-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Lutron Technical Support
    As long as you have two switched legs (or load wires) and room for two switches, you can have one switch (such as the PD-FSQN, keep in mind it requires a neutral) controlling the fan another another that controls the light separately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast