Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: No device found using app Find Inline Dimmer/Switch button

No device found using app Find Inline Dimmer/Switch button

Hello, just got my broadband today and was hoping to start programming my RA2 Select system.However, the results showed that no device was found when I used the "Find inline Dimmer/Switch" button to try to locate my inline dimmers, which have all been sealed in the ceiling. I managed to get to a few and pressed the button for 10 seconds, and that worked. Also, when I used Alexa, it also mentioned that no devices were found, but those that were already added to my Lutron app (via the physical press method) were added.Can anyone help me with this? Is it the internet setting? I cannot imaging getting to the dimmers physically each time I have to do something to it... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TWTAN View Post
    Hello, just got my broadband today and was hoping to start programming my RA2 Select system.However, the results showed that no device was found when I used the "Find inline Dimmer/Switch" button to try to locate my inline dimmers, which have all been sealed in the ceiling. I managed to get to a few and pressed the button for 10 seconds, and that worked. Also, when I used Alexa, it also mentioned that no devices were found, but those that were already added to my Lutron app (via the physical press method) were added.Can anyone help me with this? Is it the internet setting? I cannot imaging getting to the dimmers physically each time I have to do something to it... Thanks.
    The activation process doesn't require internet access. Activation uses Lutron's Clear Connect RF system. Since some of them activated, Clear Connect seems to be working.

Those devices need to be accessible. I'm not sure where you are but US building/electrical codes would require it. They don't have to be easily accessible. Transformers in low voltage cans are accessible but they are a huge pain to get to.

You should only need to access them one time - when activating. Everything else can be done remotely.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com