Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro dimmer not working

Maestro dimmer not working

I have a Maestro dimmer with a companion set up. Now, the dimmer isn’t working at all, the second Light to the bottom is on. Buttons not responding to anything. The manufacturer reset by pulling out the tab doesn’t work on the dimmer end. However, the factory reset works on the companion side. Once reset, both companion and the dimmer could control the dimming up and down well. Either end could turn off the lights, BUT never turn it back on. Once it’s turned off, the main dimmer will have the second light to the bottom back again and all buttons stop working. Only way I could use these lights is to reset from the companion side. I even changed a new set of switches, thinking the first set might be a lemon. But The new switch set is having the same problem. Anybody has any suggestions? I couldn’t find Anywhere about the indication of the 2nd light being on. Any pointer could be helpful. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by sherriexhan View Post
    I have a Maestro dimmer with a companion set up. Now, the dimmer isn’t working at all, the second Light to the bottom is on. Buttons not responding to anything. The manufacturer reset by pulling out the tab doesn’t work on the dimmer end. However, the factory reset works on the companion side. Once reset, both companion and the dimmer could control the dimming up and down well. Either end could turn off the lights, BUT never turn it back on. Once it’s turned off, the main dimmer will have the second light to the bottom back again and all buttons stop working. Only way I could use these lights is to reset from the companion side. I even changed a new set of switches, thinking the first set might be a lemon. But The new switch set is having the same problem. Anybody has any suggestions? I couldn’t find Anywhere about the indication of the 2nd light being on. Any pointer could be helpful. Thanks!!
    It could be a compatibility or minimum load issue.

I would check the wiring as well. Make sure you have power coming in on the black.

The model number of the dimmer would help as well.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com