Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tactile Switch Options

Tactile Switch Options

I'm looking for a switch with a more tactile feel than Caseta switches and dimmers. Our biggest complaint with the flat face of the Caseta line is the lack of feel in the dark, or when reaching around a doorway to flip a light on/off. Is there an option that is more like a decora type mechanical switch that will work with RA 2 or RA 2 Select?Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    I'm looking for a switch with a more tactile feel than Caseta switches and dimmers. Our biggest complaint with the flat face of the Caseta line is the lack of feel in the dark, or when reaching around a doorway to flip a light on/off. Is there an option that is more like a decora type mechanical switch that will work with RA 2 or RA 2 Select?Thank you.
    Lutron has the Claro (switch) and Diva (dimmer) lines but they are non-system only. I like the Maestro because it has the big center tab for on/off control.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

What systems do Maestro work with?I have a SmartBridge Pro and plan to integrate with HomeKit and Control4. Would I have to move up to RA2 Select or RA2?Thank you.

If you have the SmartBridge Pro, then you have Caseta and cannot upgrade to anything RA2. Caseta only has the Caseta form factor. The Maestro form factor is available in RA2. Since you have the Pro bridge, you can integrate with Control4.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thank you. . . . Any issues with running both Caseta and RA2 simultaneously. If I move to RA2 (or RA2 Select?) then I would likely use the Caseta in the boat house. . . . What's the price difference between the two systems? I've seen numbers thrown around like $15k to get into RA2. That seems like a lot just for light control.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Thank you. . . . Any issues with running both Caseta and RA2 simultaneously. If I move to RA2 (or RA2 Select?) then I would likely use the Caseta in the boat house. . . . What's the price difference between the two systems? I've seen numbers thrown around like $15k to get into RA2. That seems like a lot just for light control.
    The basic, neutral dimmer in RA2 is $149 MSRP. However, the big cost is going to be keypads. A RA2 in-wall keypad is $330 (MSRP). That's a lot compared to a $25 Pico but it does a lot more. A single keypad can have up to 7 independent buttons. You can toggle lights on/off and have shades and lights on the same keypad. You can have lights and shades on the same Pico but if you want to control them separately it requires 2 Picos.

RadiORA 2 uses a different integration protocol. It was designed to be used with high-end control systems like Crestron, Savant, etc. If you have a retail HA system (like Wink, Samsung, etc.), it's going to be a challenge.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com