Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Repeater will not boot upgrade

Repeater will not boot upgrade

I recently upgraded the repeater OS from 10.1 to 11.6 and upgraded my project with that same version of PC software. Now the system requires Boot Version update from 3.0.17 to 3.0.21. The system fails when trying to upgrade the boot boot version. It says "Compiling Boot Update Info" and sticks at 2%, then fails saying "RADIORA2 could not update the main repeater. Please power cycle the main repeater and try again."I have tried this upgrade both through the router or directly lan connecting the PC and repeater directly. (multiple times) I may also need hints on how to attach the design file if that can be done to have it checked. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cwb4tx View Post
    I recently upgraded the repeater OS from 10.1 to 11.6 and upgraded my project with that same version of PC software. Now the system requires Boot Version update from 3.0.17 to 3.0.21. The system fails when trying to upgrade the boot boot version. It says "Compiling Boot Update Info" and sticks at 2%, then fails saying "RADIORA2 could not update the main repeater. Please power cycle the main repeater and try again."I have tried this upgrade both through the router or directly lan connecting the PC and repeater directly. (multiple times) I may also need hints on how to attach the design file if that can be done to have it checked. Thanks.
    There is an option under Tools to update the firmware without a file transfer. If that doesn't work you will need to reset the main repeater to factory default.

I did experience an issue with a 2 repeater system where the 2nd repeater would not update. I took the 1st repeater off the system then created a dummy file and used the update firmware tool. After that, I put them both back on and everything worked fine.

If you think your file is the issue as you said it failed during the firmware update. However, you can create a new file with one dimmer and see if it transfers.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks for the response Randy. I tried both the option of running a new program with one dimmer and also resetting the repeater. Neither worked.

Always check your firewalls. New versions of the software will require new permissions in Windows Defender and others. Updates to Windows and/or your firewalls often turn them back on if you had them off. When updates fail, remove the network by directly connecting to the repeater and disable your firewalls temporarily.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Always check your firewalls. New versions of the software will require new permissions in Windows Defender and others. Updates to Windows and/or your firewalls often turn them back on if you had them off. When updates fail, remove the network by directly connecting to the repeater and disable your firewalls temporarily.
    Thanks Mike. I disconnected to PC from WiFi/Lan internetz. Then I disabled all firewall settings. Then I LAN'ed the repeater to the PC. It still resulted in the same 2% freeze while "Compiling Boot Update Info" and then gives an error message saying "RADIORA2 could not update the main repeater. Please power cycle the main repeater and try again." : / Unclear to me why the system freezes during "Compile Boot Update" stage...?

May want to try running to 11.0 first, then 11.6. Certain jumps the software doesn't like. Should be able to find the old versions of the software by logging into myLutron and checking under legacy devices.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

HI Mike, I may be navigating MyLutron poorly, but I can't find an older version of the OS through the legacy RadioRa section. It only shows guides, app notes, & specs. Am I missing where to look? ref: http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Service-...yProducts.aspx

Sometimes, when I access support from lutron.com it doesn't recognize that I am logged in to mylutron account. I have to login again or go to the myResources (white page) to access support.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com