Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Changing Colour/Painting Switches & Dimmers

Changing Colour/Painting Switches & Dimmers

Hello All I am working on designing and installing a Caseta system in my home. So far I have been very successful and happy with my implementation. I have run into a problem I'm trying to overcome. In what I call my great-room. All my light switches and wall plates are Lutron products that are in their Satin Taupe color. I doubt I can use the RA2 line of devices within the Caseta ecosystem. What options do I have? I will be installing 3 maybe 4 PD-6ANS switches for now. I don't want to replace all off my outlets and switches. Has anyone successfully paints switches and how well did they survive everyday use? I am not opposed to painting, I do it for work all the time. Thanks for your recommendations. Cheers, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffduns View Post
    Hello All I am working on designing and installing a Caseta system in my home. So far I have been very successful and happy with my implementation. I have run into a problem I'm trying to overcome. In what I call my great-room. All my light switches and wall plates are Lutron products that are in their Satin Taupe color. I doubt I can use the RA2 line of devices within the Caseta ecosystem. What options do I have? I will be installing 3 maybe 4 PD-6ANS switches for now. I don't want to replace all off my outlets and switches. Has anyone successfully paints switches and how well did they survive everyday use? I am not opposed to painting, I do it for work all the time. Thanks for your recommendations. Cheers, Jeff
    The dimmers and receptacles are in 2 different planes so I wouldn't think it would be a huge deal. It's not any different than having brown switches in woodwork and light almond receptacles in the wall.

The tolerances on the buttons are very small. I can't imagine painting them and not having it affect the operation. You would almost have to get them off the dimmer to paint them.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com