Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hide existing light switches

Hide existing light switches

Hi,

I am in the process of building out a room. All the light switch circuits have been dropped in their desired locations. Since this I have decided on using the RA2 in line dimmers. I need to hide the circuits with a module to make sure they are always on. My electrician is suggesting this could be a problem but I am told many times you can retrofit the ra2 lighting products into homes.
    So I am wondering how people hide existing switches and ensure they are always on so I can use the remote to control them

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_ View Post
    Hi, I am in the process of building out a room. All the light switch circuits have been dropped in their desired locations. Since this I have decided on using the RA2 in line dimmers. I need to hide the circuits with a module to make sure they are always on. My electrician is suggesting this could be a problem but I am told many times you can retrofit the ra2 lighting products into homes. So I am wondering how people hide existing switches and ensure they are always on so I can use the remote to control them
    RadioRA 2 dimmers and switches are designed to fit into standard wallboxes so they can be used in new construction or retrofit.

If wired properly the RA2 devices will always have power for the radio so they can always receive commands.

If you are going to remove all the switches from the room make sure you have some way, other than the phone app, to turn lights on. You don't want to walk into a dark room dig your phone out of your pocket, wake it up, start the app, find the room, then turn the lights on.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com