Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pico Remote Engravings

Pico Remote Engravings

Hi,I am wondering if someone can clarify how the Lutron engraving works as I have found difference sources of information regarding this and a recent call w/ Lutron seems different from all the sources as well. Thought someone here who has first hand experience with it will know. If I were to order a Pico 4B remote from my local distributor, fill out and e-mail the Lutron Custom engraving form . Do I mail the Lutron Pico remote to Lutron so they engrave it? Or does Lutron they simply mail me the buttons and I replace the buttons on the remote? Or does it need to be all done at the time of ordering by the distributor?

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post
    Hi,I am wondering if someone can clarify how the Lutron engraving works as I have found difference sources of information regarding this and a recent call w/ Lutron seems different from all the sources as well. Thought someone here who has first hand experience with it will know. If I were to order a Pico 4B remote from my local distributor, fill out and e-mail the Lutron Custom engraving form . Do I mail the Lutron Pico remote to Lutron so they engrave it? Or does Lutron they simply mail me the buttons and I replace the buttons on the remote? Or does it need to be all done at the time of ordering by the distributor?
    The engraving has to be done when the order is placed. The buttons are engraved, then assembled. Per Lutron, the buttons are not field changeable. However, I have disassembled one for cleaning (don't ask).

Since the buttons are flat, you may be able to find a local engraver who will engrave them. The backfill will be another issue.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I've ordered lots of 4B engraved Picos and swapped them around. All the buttons are easily interchangeable. The bottom (4th) button is the only one that is different.