Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can I send IR commands with RR2?

Can I send IR commands with RR2?

I have a fireplace that operates with an infrared remote. I would like to be able to turn it on/off with a seetouch keypad button. And I would like to be able to turn it on/off with scenes.Is there any way to make this happen? I know I will need a third party transmitter like Logitech Hub or Broadlink IR transmitter. Other IR transmitters out there that would work?If a direct integration of the IR transmitter with Lutron can't be done, is there some way to create an Alexa routine that will listen for Lutron and send the command to the transmitter? Or integrate it with Hubitat?

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I have a fireplace that operates with an infrared remote. I would like to be able to turn it on/off with a seetouch keypad button. And I would like to be able to turn it on/off with scenes.Is there any way to make this happen? I know I will need a third party transmitter like Logitech Hub or Broadlink IR transmitter. Other IR transmitters out there that would work?If a direct integration of the IR transmitter with Lutron can't be done, is there some way to create an Alexa routine that will listen for Lutron and send the command to the transmitter? Or integrate it with Hubitat?
    RA2 will accept IR commands but has no way to generate them. I always restrict control of a fireplace to the room it is in. I don't want it coming on unless the user can see if there are any obstructions.

There are some Alexa compatible fireplace controls on Amazon.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

It's a an electric fireplace, so no worries about fires. I just need to trigger an IR command to turn the fireplace on. I think the best option is going to be an Alexa routine that sets a Lutron scene and turns on the fireplace at the same time with an IR blaster.