Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can Pico PJ2-3BRL control Shades?

Can Pico PJ2-3BRL control Shades?

I have a few extra Pico dimmable light controllers laying around and am looking to make the jump into Serena shades.Is it possible to control the shades with the PJ2-3BRL? I realize it won't look like a shade controller, but don't care that much.Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm trying to avoid buying more stuff I don't need.

Can't say for sure about the shades, but that Pico won't work with my Caseta Fan Control switch.

Strange, because I was able to make it work, but it's been a while since I set it up. Did you connect the neutral wire?

Sorry - I realize my response was a bit vague: I have a light Pico PJ2-3BRL controlling my PD-FSQN-WH fan controller. It all works fine - on/off/faster/slower.

With a couple of exceptions the Pico's are all the same. The ON command from the 2B is the same as the 2BRL, 3B, and 3BRL, regardless of the engraving. You can assign lights, shades or both to the buttons.

The scene and 4 button models are different. You can still assign lights and/or shades but the function of the buttons varies between models.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigbilly View Post
    Strange, because I was able to make it work, but it's been a while since I set it up. Did you connect the neutral wire?
    The neutral is connected. The fan controller works fine when controlled by the physical switch or when using the Lutron app, Siri or the Apple Home app.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbilly View Post
    Sorry - I realize my response was a bit vague: I have a light Pico PJ2-3BRL controlling my PD-FSQN-WH fan controller. It all works fine - on/off/faster/slower.
    How did you pair the pico with the fan controller? When trying to assign devices to the 3BRL in the Lutron app, it only shows lights and not the fan controller.

I *think* I followed the process outlined in the instructions (it's been 6 months and I'm getting old).Something like what I found online "Simply press the “off” button on the dimmer and hold it for 6 seconds (the LED on the Pico will flash). Then repeat this with the Pico you wish to pair. When the Pico is successfully paired, the light bulb flashes three times."I probably didn't use the app - the physical process is pretty simple. And I use the pico to control the fan speed only, if that matters.

Thanks randyc! (the thanks/likes buttons don't seem to work for me. for that matter, the "instant notifications" for thread updates dont work for me either...)