Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Will it work?

Will it work?

Hi, I am looking for a smart system to control the light of 3 rooms, but I am not sure I am in the right direction.We have 3 rooms need to control the light via app(anywhere), but we also wish to have separate motion detecters to turn on/off the light if possible. It looks like Caseta can done it, right? Bridge + 3 motion + 3 smart switch are all I need?Thank you very much.Li

Quote Originally Posted by lihsu View Post
    Hi, I am looking for a smart system to control the light of 3 rooms, but I am not sure I am in the right direction.We have 3 rooms need to control the light via app(anywhere), but we also wish to have separate motion detecters to turn on/off the light if possible. It looks like Caseta can done it, right? Bridge + 3 motion + 3 smart switch are all I need?Thank you very much.Li
    I would go with the PRO bridge. The standard bridge will work but you have more options with the PRO.

All of the pieces need to be within a 60-foot radius. The bridge needs a network connection. Depending on the layout you may need a repeater or the plug-in dimmer can be used as an extender.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you. It works as my need.But there is another question now. I want to extend the range, how many repeater can I add? Did it limit one?

Quote Originally Posted by lihsu View Post
    Thank you. It works as my need.But there is another question now. I want to extend the range, how many repeater can I add? Did it limit one?
    One repeater. The plug-in dimmer also functions as a range extender and can be used in conjunction with a repeater. https://www.casetawireless.com/faqs

Ouch, looks like only 1 repeater from FAQ, either 1 plugin or 1 repeater. I will need to install 2 bridges since the switches are separated near the 120' limit.