Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lights do not go out

Lights do not go out

I returned home from the weekend to find that my electrical system must have taken a hit from a storm. Had to reset various breakers and some of my lights on my homework’s system will not go off. The dimmer switches are hot to the touch. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by RMT593 View Post
    I returned home from the weekend to find that my electrical system must have taken a hit from a storm. Had to reset various breakers and some of my lights on my homework’s system will not go off. The dimmer switches are hot to the touch. Any recommendations?
    Do you know what system you have? If you have HomeWorks QS there is a breaker inside the processor panel that controls power to the processor.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I've seen this happen with all Maestro style dimmers whether it's RA2 or HWQS or even the older Wireless Homeworks but after a power interruption like a brown-out, they get stuck in a dumb mode. Usually pulling out the Fass switch (little tab in the bottom) and pushing it back in does the trick. If you have a bunch, might be easier to just flip the breakers off and on. Alternatively, the processor may have locked up. Just a couple of weeks ago after a storm,had a customer complain that their timers were not working and I couldn't even connect via terminal to see what time the system thought it was...re-uploading the database and time and date fixed that.