Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Motion Sensor for pets

Motion Sensor for pets

I am looking to install a motion sensor light in my laundry room. It currently has a fluorescent fixture with a 3-way switch (1 at door to garage and 1 at door to hall). In the door to the hall we have a cat door installed. I need something that will detect the cats entering and leaving so the lights will turn on and off as well as people. I find the lights are left on all day long and would like to try and control this from happening. I am just not sure what pieces and parts I need to accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanciekiii View Post
    I am looking to install a motion sensor light in my laundry room. It currently has a fluorescent fixture with a 3-way switch (1 at door to garage and 1 at door to hall). In the door to the hall we have a cat door installed. I need something that will detect the cats entering and leaving so the lights will turn on and off as well as people. I find the lights are left on all day long and would like to try and control this from happening. I am just not sure what pieces and parts I need to accomplish this.
    I would try the MS-OPS5M. Look at the vertical beam diagram on page 6 of the submittal (link below). You want to try and get the cat door in the black area.

The OPS5 will work with your existing 3-way switch and can go at either location.

If you the OPS5 doesn't work I would look at Caseta. The new PD-OSENS will work with any Caseta dimmer/switch and can be placed anywhere in the room.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/369488.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Animals trigger outdoor motion detectors. Because a moving animal causes a shift in infrared radiation, a motion detector can be triggered by an animal. This, however, will only occur if the sensor is sensitive enough to be activated by animals. So, make sure to buy a good one, so your pet will have enough light. Btw, guys, do you know where I can get a pet carrier backpack? What is the best brand? I am comparing different brands on https://backpacks.global/compare/typ...rier-backpack/. Still, I would appreciate any advice.

From the entrance area to the master bedroom, the right furniture can help you create lasting memories. Most furniture is oversized, heavy, and has the shape of an item delivered by truck. I opt for modern, elegant, mirrored furniture to achieve an eclectic style and combine and match different styles of furniture. I liked the new collection from https://paydaydeals.com.au/collections/furniture because it has lots of new techniques that I have never met before in some houses.

Hi all, I want to get guinea pigs. Before I do, I want to know what food they can eat and what food they can't eat. Thanks in advance for the answer.