Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siri question

Siri question

Question for those of you who have tried the Siri support. Does it allow you to operate all individual switches or dimmers( off/on/dim) or control scenes? If so do you refer to them by id numbers or what you named the device or scene?
    Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    Question for those of you who have tried the Siri support. Does it allow you to operate all individual switches or dimmers( off/on/dim) or control scenes? If so do you refer to them by id numbers or what you named the device or scene?
    Thanks.
    Siri won't let you control the individual dimmers/switches directly. Siri can only control "Rooms". You must create rooms under "Siri Integration" in the settings of the app. If you want to control an individual load via Siri, you must create a room and only assign that one load to the room.

If you are talking about Siri control using HomeKit, I've had better luck with Scenes and Siri Control.

Not sure if this will help but I have noticed if I say turn on my lights all lights turn on. Say set lights to 95% all dimmers and lamp modules turn on even if the lamp modules are set to switched (non dimmed mode)

How do you all separate the fan from the lights as have put them both in a room and of course asking siri ti turn on or off that room turns both on and off, wonder easier to separate a room name with fan word and light word added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Siri won't let you control the individual dimmers/switches directly. Siri can only control "Rooms". You must create rooms under "Siri Integration" in the settings of the app. If you want to control an individual load via Siri, you must create a room and only assign that one load to the room.
    That's not true. It's the Lutron App that needs work. Homekit and Siri need unique names. I'm using another vendor's Homekit bridge, 6 of their dimmers/on-off modules, a Caseta bridge and two Lutron plug in dimmers. I can control individual devices, scenes, and rooms with the pther vendors app AND with Siri. Inised the other vendor's app to create the Home, the Rooms, and the scenes.

So that means Siri can control scenes too?
    Also individual switches? Rather than rooms?

True. I've had nearly perfect results with scenes. Individual switches work most of the time.

That's great to hear, so how did you go around setting them, did you set up using Siri integration in the lutron app? Or just added in another app?
    Am interested as right now can only control rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by effusion_01 View Post
    That's great to hear, so how did you go around setting them, did you set up using Siri integration in the lutron app? Or just added in another app?
    Am interested as right now can only control rooms.
    Siri integration is set up in all mu Homekits apps. The Lutron App is not fully Homekit aware as it only sees Lutron devices and any scenes you set up in he Lutron App are NOT seen by other Homekit apps. So if you have multiple vendors, you probably want to configure as much as possible with an app that supports full Homekit integration. You CAN set up scenes inside the Lutron App:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lutron scenes.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	362

The Scenes I set up inside the Lutron App are NOT visible in other Homekit enabled Apps. If I set up a scene in another app that includes a Lutron Caseta device, it will show up in other Homekit enabled apps.

Name:	insteon scenes.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	363

I don't have any Elgato devices, but the Elgato Eve iOS app displays all my devices, rooms, scenes, etc. and I can even setup new scenes from within the Elgato Eve app. These show up in my Insteon+ app, and yes, Siri will turn these scene on and off.

Name:	elgato eve.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	364

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast