Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RadioRA2 Select Telnet Error

RadioRA2 Select Telnet Error

Hi,I have a RadioRA2 Select Repeater (RR-SEL-REP2) and I can telnet into the repeater using Putty. However, after I login, and try to run any commands at the GNET prompt. I always end up getting a ~ERROR,Enum=(6, 0x00000006). I can add lights, create/delete scenes via the mobile app on iPhone but just can't seem to execute anything via the telnet prompt. I have tried removing power and plugging it back in but still no luck. Last I want to do is factory reset and have to reset things if it's not neccessary. Any ideas on how I can resolve this telnet issue?Thanks!

2. Thanks Isaias G thanked for this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post kevkev.

Ra2Select does not have an open integration like our RadioRa2 and HomeWorks QS families of Residential offerings. Ra2Select is only able to integrate with the following integrator here at http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products...tegration.aspx. Hope this helps!

The above information is totally wrong. I have RA2 Select TELNET integration working with the Indigo Domotics home automation server running on a Mac. It uses a user-contributed driver that interfaces using Telnet to the RA2 Select repeater.Having said that, I am having the same error as kevkev. When I open my own Telnet session into the RA2 Select repeater, I can see messages from the repeater when I turn lights on or off using the mobile app, but when I issue my own commands (even a simple ~OUTPUT...) I always get error 6.Have not resolved this yet: I am thinking it might be the telnet emulator I am using and will have to try from other computers - perhaps a pure *nix system instead. But would welcome any suggestions on exactly where the problem is.

RA2 Select is not a "full" Radio RA2 system, It's more of a hybrid between Caseta and Radio RA2, using some of the Radio RA2 Dimmers, etc. and a Castea style bridge, rather than a main repeater. the bridge does support telnet integration for local control, however unlike Radio RA2 they don't support Lutron Integration protocol commands. It's not an open Standard for the RA2 Select only approve partners can.

That's not correct. I have RA2 Select and it does accept commands ? and #