Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dimmer EMF

Dimmer EMF

Here's a new one for me in 25 years. Client is thinking about canceling a dimmer install. About 18 Diva's. She heard a podcast from some health guy and is now worried that the dimmers are going to kill her or a very least do some brain damage from the EMF. All electronics emit EMF. We are surrounded by it but are dimmers really the bad guy here?
    Thoughts. I bet there will be plenty.

I have seen a lot of stuff online but nothing from reputable sources or any quantifiable statistics. My guess is that, unless you have a dimmer strapped to your forehead for an extended period of time, you will be OK. In today's society if there were any evidence at all, even if it was anecdotal, some ambulance chaser would have filed a class action suit against dimmer manufacturers.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the 500,000+ watt weather radars that are pinging me ever few seconds.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Your client was listening to somebody who was either misinformed or trying to sell some snake-oil. What these people don't say is that EMFs are by definition non-ionizing radiation. This includes microwaves, WiFi, cell phones, the 5G death beams, dimmers, etc. Non-ionizing radiation cannot knock an electron off an atom. This means it cannot change DNA, cause cancer, brain damage, so on and so forth. The only thing these EMFs can do is heat things up, like your microwave oven. Back in the days of analog cell phones, you could cook a sausage with the tower antenna. Those were operating at tens of thousands of watts, with that energy dispersed across an entire city. Nowadays wireless radios emit fractions of a watt.

Years ago the military developed a device that sent out thousands of watts of RF radiation to disperse crowds. If I remember correctly it was like 9000 watts and it felt like you had opened the oven door in front of you. So your dimmer or WiFi router at .5 watt is going to do nothing.

I had a client that was obsessed with these EMFs. A "coincidence" you will notice is all the people that are warning us of "the dangers" all have some magic EMF shield to sell you. It's basically a box with an LED that lights up when it's plugged in.

Send your client some information about ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and hope that facts win out over nonsense.

Good luck.

Thanks all
    I walked in gave her the 2 minute talk and then she said go ahead.
    Talk was something like "turn of the cell phone strapped to you head. Turn off all computers, electronics in your house and you neighbors house and tell you husband to sell the Tesla. Then move everyone to a remote cabin in the woods and you might be ok in a few years."
    Something like that.

Hey, that's an interesting concern your client has about dimmers and EMF. While it's true that all electronics emit electromagnetic fields (EMF), it's important to note that the levels of EMF emitted by dimmers are generally considered to be within safe limits.

It's natural for people to have worries, especially when they come across information that raises concerns. However, it's always a good idea to look at the bigger picture and consider the overall context of EMF exposure in our daily lives. We are constantly surrounded by various sources of EMF, including WiFi, cell phones, and even household appliances.
    It might be helpful to share some information about EMF exposure guidelines and standards that have been established by reputable organizations. These guidelines are designed to ensure public safety and help determine safe levels of exposure.
    While some individuals may choose to take additional precautions, such as using EMF protective products like EMF underwear, it's important to note that their effectiveness is still a subject of debate within the scientific community.