Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Will Roller20 Universal Brackets fit Roller64 Shades?

Will Roller20 Universal Brackets fit Roller64 Shades?

In the Roller Shade Bracket and Lineal Guide, it mentions Roller20 brackets are just a smaller version of roller 64 brackets.Will the Roller20 Universal Brackets also fit a Roller64 Shade if the diameter of the shade is less than 2.5" (Versus the larger 3.5" maximum diameter that Roller64 Shades can be)? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cal122 View Post
    In the Roller Shade Bracket and Lineal Guide, it mentions Roller20 brackets are just a smaller version of roller 64 brackets.Will the Roller20 Universal Brackets also fit a Roller64 Shade if the diameter of the shade is less than 2.5" (Versus the larger 3.5" maximum diameter that Roller64 Shades can be)? Thanks!
    I couldn't find any dimensions on the brackets or the plastic mount on the rollers. They look the same size in a couple of drawings I saw but there were no dimensions.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks Randyc. I wasn't able to find the dimensions on the bracket parts that actually clips into the motor and tensioner sides. Have some window boxes that are very shallow (but the windows are wide so the 64 roller needs to be spec'd) I'm trying to keep flush. Looking at the fascia installation on 20 roller, it's 2.75" Wide (so roller64 without a lot of fabric length would fit fine if the bracket can actually clip in). Where as on the 64 fascia it would be 3.5" Wide.

Lutron realizes that we sometimes do things that are out of the box. Tech support will probably answer your question if you explain that you need the width they will probably get the answer.

I did see the roller 64 universal bracket is 1.9375" wide. That is 5/16" wider than a bare roller 64 tube. You would have a little more than 1/8" of fabric on either side before you exceed the with of the 64 bracket. You may run into a minimum height issue.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    A Roller 64 will not be able to fit in a Roller 20 bracket. The 2 fins on the Roller 20 bracket are too small for the drive of the Roller 64. They are similar in shape, but different sizes that are not inter-compatible.

Thank you!