Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can I run RA2 Select and Caseta at the same time in an Apple HomeKit house?

Can I run RA2 Select and Caseta at the same time in an Apple HomeKit house?

Hey Folks,Right now I have about 20 Caseta dimmers and switches in my house. I use them with Apple HomeKit and Siri. However, I prefer the design of RA2 Select dimmers, so I've decided to slowly upgrade from Caseta to RA2 Select. I would like to have both systems running at the same time, and swap out the dimmers over a period of weeks or months.Do you know if it's possible to run both systems at once, and have them both work with HomeKit? It sounds like RA2 Select uses the same app as Caseta. Will the app see both hubs, and be able to communicate with both of them at the same time?Thanks for your help,James

Quote Originally Posted by jamesastro View Post
    Hey Folks,Right now I have about 20 Caseta dimmers and switches in my house. I use them with Apple HomeKit and Siri. However, I prefer the design of RA2 Select dimmers, so I've decided to slowly upgrade from Caseta to RA2 Select. I would like to have both systems running at the same time, and swap out the dimmers over a period of weeks or months.Do you know if it's possible to run both systems at once, and have them both work with HomeKit? It sounds like RA2 Select uses the same app as Caseta. Will the app see both hubs, and be able to communicate with both of them at the same time?Thanks for your help,James
    You can have both in the house. You will have to give them separate names. The app will only talk to one at a time. You will have to switch homes when you want to use the other system.

Same with Apple. I've been told it is easier to change homes in Apple.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Not correct - Apple HomeKit supports multiple Lutron systems at the same time. So you can easily mix and match both in HomeKit, but in the Lutron app you do have to switch back and forth betweeen homes or use two different emails and login/logout.With multiple Lutron systems in HomeKit, you have some really interesting things you can do with HomeKit automation. Using “when device...” triggers, you can have a RA2 device control a Caseta device, or vice versa.This also works with full RA2 used with the Connect bridge. I have all three running in the same HomeKit home. In fact, I have multiple Caseta systems running at the same time in HomeKit. The reason I do that is a bit convoluted but has to do with using Amazon Alexa as the voice control. Alexa only allows one Lutron system at a time, but by using multiple Alexa accounts, with each Lutron system in a different Alexa account, I can do some interesting things again.