Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update Main Repeater Fails

Tried all the advice, still not working

• Brand new main repeater, fresh out the box
    • I disabled firewall and antivirus (win 10)
    • Directly connected main repeater to laptop (straight Ethernet cable to a Surface)-Laptop is on a static ip
    • Did a find repeater in the software successfully, it's setup for a static IP as well (I can ping the repeater from the laptop)
    • I do o a firmware update, it sticks at 19% and says it can't update
    • All lights on main repeater are off

What am I missing here? What else can I try? Thanks,HW

For the next person: I called tech support and the solution above and beyond the before mentioned steps was to put the repeater in 'boot mode.' Once that was done, firmware could be updated.

3. Likes WestCoaster liked this post
    @HWIRE ... how did you you put it in boot mode?

5. Likes WestCoaster liked this post
    I, too, have dealt with the 19% error. According to Lutron, any software update error under 20% is related to networking/firewall.After dealing with the software update failure at 19% for way too long, I can confirm that placing the main repeater in boot mode will bypass the error.To Place in Boot Mode:Step 1: Unplug the receiverStep 2: Hold down the TEST and ADD buttonsStep 3: Plug in the receiver while continuing to hold down the buttonsStep 4: Wait until the five lights (M, 1, 2, 3, 4) blink about twenty times and turn off briefly (they will continue to blink) then let go of TEST and ADDStep 5: Proceed with activation or the software update

7. Likes WestCoaster liked this post
    @MisterC That did the trick. Thank you. Turned IGMP off while an upgrade was stalling, and it just zipped past that point

Quote Originally Posted by BlippyCheese View Post
    @MisterC - your advice about IGMP is excellent. I was working in a home with a pretty complex Unifi setup and was able to get past the 13% mark after temporarily turning off IGMP for the LAN network.
    Same. Amazing, just turning off IGMP snooping fixed it - even with update stuck for 5 minutes, as soon as I turned it off the update proceeded without error. Lutron tech might want to take note since this is an easier solution versus hard wire to box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12