Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Main Repeater Fails

Question Update Main Repeater Fails

Hi everyone,I have been attempting to update my main repeater from version 11.6.0 to 12.7.0 without any luck. The process starts quickly moves the progress bar to 13% and then hangs until failure occurs. RadioRA2 Essentials sees both the repeater and connect bridge under both version 11.6.0 and 12.7.0. I can update the system using the 11.6.0 software without problems. As soon as I attempt to update the Repeater the problem persists in not being able to get passed 13%.Once this get's stuck the repeater LEDs (M,1,2,3,4) all blink green until it is power cycled.Any help is greatly appreciated.-Peter

oh my gosh, clicking away from the window with a reply wipes the entire contents of the reply....

notes on my environment:1. fresh install of Windows 10 Pro2. No anti-virus software installed or running3. Windows firewall is disabled4. Local network is very isolated on traffic5. Multicast is enabled and does work

Quote Originally Posted by peterwoj View Post
    notes on my environment:1. fresh install of Windows 10 Pro2. No anti-virus software installed or running3. Windows firewall is disabled4. Local network is very isolated on traffic5. Multicast is enabled and does work
    Had this happen today - After contacting tech support. Had to connect network cable from my laptop to the Main repeater, set my laptop to static IP address to be able to do the firmware upgrade. Worked like a champ and was able to use wireless connections afterwards to activate devices. Good luck

OK, will give that a try though was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that but will give it a go. Thank you for the quick response.

That did, it's now on the latest software and I managed to find an ethernet adapter for my laptop to get done even :). Thank you for the quick reply in helping to resolve my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rkirby43 View Post
    Had this happen today - After contacting tech support. Had to connect network cable from my laptop to the Main repeater, set my laptop to static IP address to be able to do the firmware upgrade. Worked like a champ and was able to use wireless connections afterwards to activate devices. Good luck
    You are lucky that you did not have a 2 Repeater system.

8. Likes brad@elahome.com liked this post
    I'd imagine that after updating the firmware, you would just reprogram the system again. One additional step would be that you'd have 2 of them to upgrade instead of 1.

If this happens for anyone else, you can try (temporarily) disabling any IGMP features on any router(s) between your RA2 repeater and your programming station. I have to disable IGMP Snooping, and once that's disabled, the update will pass that dreaded 13% mark and complete. Once the update gets stuck at 13%, you've have to power cycle the repeater to retry the process.

11. Thanks Paradox thanked for this post
    @MisterC - your advice about IGMP is excellent. I was working in a home with a pretty complex Unifi setup and was able to get past the 13% mark after temporarily turning off IGMP for the LAN network.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast