Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5ANS with Hunter Pull Chain

PD-5ANS with Hunter Pull Chain

Hi - I have installed a PD-5ANS hooked up to a traditional Hunter Pull Chain ceiling fan. The installation is operational with the light and fan powering on, however I am having intermittent issues with the fan and light that I'm having difficulties to find the root cause.Issues I'm experiencing:1. Light will power to 100% brightness and will randomly dim brightness (as it there was a big power draw on the circuit).2. When turning on the fan, at certain settings (Fan speed medium) will work for a period of time (3-5 min) and eventually stop. To get the light fixture working again, I pull the FASS tab to get everything working again.Would appreciate any help!

Quote Originally Posted by casseyt View Post
    Hi - I have installed a PD-5ANS hooked up to a traditional Hunter Pull Chain ceiling fan. The installation is operational with the light and fan powering on, however I am having intermittent issues with the fan and light that I'm having difficulties to find the root cause.Issues I'm experiencing:1. Light will power to 100% brightness and will randomly dim brightness (as it there was a big power draw on the circuit).2. When turning on the fan, at certain settings (Fan speed medium) will work for a period of time (3-5 min) and eventually stop. To get the light fixture working again, I pull the FASS tab to get everything working again.Would appreciate any help!
    Make sure you have the neutral connected to the switch. Not all white wires are neutrals. If you measure voltage between the hot and neutral you should get 120v.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com