Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Smart Phone Control

Question Smart Phone Control

I recently bought a condo and have switched it all to Caseta. I have one dimmer (PD-6WCL-WH) in the living room in a 3 gang box (next to 2 other switches) that will not allow me to control it from my iPhone unless I am standing right next to it. I have reset and re-sync'ed it with the HUB multiple times with the same results. Both of the other switches work fine. The dimmer does show up in the Lutron app and acts as though it is functional, however nothing happens when I turn it on / off from my phone, unless I am within 1' of the dimmer itself.Any ideas what may cause this and how to resolve it? Super odd because I was under the impression the HUB is what connected the devices to my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by macjm2 View Post
    I recently bought a condo and have switched it all to Caseta. I have one dimmer (PD-6WCL-WH) in the living room in a 3 gang box (next to 2 other switches) that will not allow me to control it from my iPhone unless I am standing right next to it. I have reset and re-sync'ed it with the HUB multiple times with the same results. Both of the other switches work fine. The dimmer does show up in the Lutron app and acts as though it is functional, however nothing happens when I turn it on / off from my phone, unless I am within 1' of the dimmer itself.Any ideas what may cause this and how to resolve it? Super odd because I was under the impression the HUB is what connected the devices to my phone?
    You are correct. There is no direct link from the phone to the PD-6WCL. The phone is using WiFi (900 MHz and above) and Caseta is using 430 MHz. There is no way they can directly communicate. I would try moving the bridge around. Higher is generally better. Try and keep it away from metal objects like AV racks, washer/dryers, structured wire panels, etc.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com