Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Grafik Eye QS upgrade to Homeworks QS

Grafik Eye QS upgrade to Homeworks QS

Hi all, I did have a search but couldn't find anything specific to this issue. I work for an AV company and we are Lutron dealers too, we have done a few decent sized Homeworks QS systems now and are pretty comfortable with it now, however we've got a current project that is a take over. The existing house has multiple Grafik Eye systems, with a couple of them being Grafik Eye QS, one of which controls some existing external lighting, they recently had a lot of landscaping done and extended the external lighting and wanted to link the existing with the new.We fitted a proper lighting panel, with QS processor and 3 x LQSE-4S10-D to control the new circuits and put a wired link to the 2 x Grafik Eye QS in the house, so far so good. I programmed all of the circuits up and Id'd all of the relays and Grafik Eye's no problem. Now the problem comes that the keypads fitted (of which there are 13) won't ID into the Homeworks QS program, I get a device not supported, am I missing something, is there a setting I need to change on the keypads, or is it really the case that the keypads that sit on the same bus cable as the QS processor and Grafik Eye's wont talk to the QS processor despite being "QS"? The existing keypads are QSWE-5BRLN-QB.I had a couple of regular QS Seetouch Keypads with me which I added in to give them some control for the time being which worked straight away, basically I'm trying to find out if I've now got to have a discussion about replacing all 13 keypads?A little bit more information, they want PIR's adding and integration into the Control4 system also installed which is why we went this route and not additional Grafik Eye's, also from my point of view the simplicity of programming was another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BenCashmore View Post
    Hi all, I did have a search but couldn't find anything specific to this issue. I work for an AV company and we are Lutron dealers too, we have done a few decent sized Homeworks QS systems now and are pretty comfortable with it now, however we've got a current project that is a take over. The existing house has multiple Grafik Eye systems, with a couple of them being Grafik Eye QS, one of which controls some existing external lighting, they recently had a lot of landscaping done and extended the external lighting and wanted to link the existing with the new.We fitted a proper lighting panel, with QS processor and 3 x LQSE-4S10-D to control the new circuits and put a wired link to the 2 x Grafik Eye QS in the house, so far so good. I programmed all of the circuits up and Id'd all of the relays and Grafik Eye's no problem. Now the problem comes that the keypads fitted (of which there are 13) won't ID into the Homeworks QS program, I get a device not supported, am I missing something, is there a setting I need to change on the keypads, or is it really the case that the keypads that sit on the same bus cable as the QS processor and Grafik Eye's wont talk to the QS processor despite being "QS"? The existing keypads are QSWE-5BRLN-QB.I had a couple of regular QS Seetouch Keypads with me which I added in to give them some control for the time being which worked straight away, basically I'm trying to find out if I've now got to have a discussion about replacing all 13 keypads?A little bit more information, they want PIR's adding and integration into the Control4 system also installed which is why we went this route and not additional Grafik Eye's, also from my point of view the simplicity of programming was another reason.
    Grafik Eye keypads are not compatible with HQS. You will need to replace the existing Grafik Eye keypads with HomeWorks keypads. There are seeTouch EU keypads available in HQS.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com