Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: new user blinking light

new user blinking light

Had an electrician install Lutron smart bridge with Pico remote. Tonight I turned on an overhead light with the Pico remote. The light started to blink on and off. I turned it off and back on two times and it stopped. Is this a normal thing. I thot I had read something about a blinking light but can find the article. Anybody want to tackle this. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrj 4732 View Post
    Had an electrician install Lutron smart bridge with Pico remote. Tonight I turned on an overhead light with the Pico remote. The light started to blink on and off. I turned it off and back on two times and it stopped. Is this a normal thing. I thot I had read something about a blinking light but can find the article. Anybody want to tackle this. Thanks
    The advanced instructions (link below) has a troubleshooting section that explains the blink codes.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...structions.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I understand that his lights are blinking (flashing), not the LEDs on a switch.

Lutron Technical Support
    Sounds like the lights being used may be on the incompatible side. May want to try lowering the high end trim on the dimmer by for which the directions start on page 67 of the following link. https://www.casetawireless.com/Docum...ced%20Inst.pdf If this does not work you may want to check the following link for compatible LED's. http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/LE...atibility.aspx

Thank you, Matt H. I tried your advice to lower the high end trim on the dimmer. That made the light stop blinking. It seems like a crazy design to let me turn on the light too on, more than 100%, with no visual indication that I went too far. I had a newly installed Caseta Wireless that would blink / flash off a little over 1 second, then back on again. The light fixture was a dimmable Pixi Flatlight 1x2 size. It's not on Lutron's list of compatible LEDs because they only list light bulbs, but not light fixtures that incorporate LEDs. Here is a recording of the room light on and off times with 1-second resolution: ____ Elapsed time, Minutes:seconds 0:00 off 0:01 on 0:09 off 0:10 on 0:24 off 0:25 on 0:48 off 0:50 on 1:13 off 1:15 on 1:59 off 2:00 on 2:20 off 2:21 on 2:43 off 2:45 on 3:09 off 3:11 on