Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wallbox Power Module & Exhaust Fan / Ceiling Fan

Wallbox Power Module & Exhaust Fan / Ceiling Fan

Need quick tips on configuring wallbox power modules for a bath exhaust fan and two ceiling fans on the same circuit. For the bath exhaust fan, I can set the Load Type to "Motor Switched" under "Supported with Interface" without any additional interface or device, correct? And set the Fixture Wattage to 10 watts based on the fan specs? What about using "Fan Exhaust" under Load Type? For the ceiling fans, not sure what Load Type to use. Do I need a separate device like the HW-RPM-4FSQ-120 and can it run two fans? Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by GLTBAV View Post
    Need quick tips on configuring wallbox power modules for a bath exhaust fan and two ceiling fans on the same circuit. For the bath exhaust fan, I can set the Load Type to "Motor Switched" under "Supported with Interface" without any additional interface or device, correct? And set the Fixture Wattage to 10 watts based on the fan specs? What about using "Fan Exhaust" under Load Type? For the ceiling fans, not sure what Load Type to use. Do I need a separate device like the HW-RPM-4FSQ-120 and can it run two fans? Thank you for your help!
    Are the exhaust fan and ceiling fans controlled by the same output? I don't think that is going to work regardless of settings. If they are on separate outputs I would set the load type Exhaust for the exhaust fan and non-dimmed for the ceiling fans.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Are the exhaust fan and ceiling fans controlled by the same output? I don't think that is going to work regardless of settings. If they are on separate outputs I would set the load type Exhaust for the exhaust fan and non-dimmed for the ceiling fans.
    Yes they are on different outputs. I'll try the exhaust load type. For the fans, if the non-dimmed type does actually work then won't that just be switched and not a speed control (low/ med /high)?

Quote Originally Posted by GLTBAV View Post
    Yes they are on different outputs. I'll try the exhaust load type. For the fans, if the non-dimmed type does actually work then won't that just be switched and not a speed control (low/ med /high)?
    That is correct. The Grafik Eye doesn't have any fan speed functions. You may have problems getting the fan to start if it is not set on high speed.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com