Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Difference between the different Occupancy/Vacancy sensors for RadioRA 2?

Difference between the different Occupancy/Vacancy sensors for RadioRA 2?

Hi, I'm looking at adding occupancy/vacancy sensors to a RA2 system.

I'm looking at http://www.lutron.com/technicaldocum...y/367-1768.pdf and was wondering what the difference between LRF-OWLB and LRF-OHLB? It seems like the latter does not specify an angle, whereas the OWLB is 180 degrees. Does this mean the OHLB unit can support both a 90 degree corner mount application and a 180 deg?

I remembered despite RA2 not having conditional logic, one could put these sensors on a timeclock so they only turn on/off lights given a certain hour of day?

Lastly, have folks installed these using 3M command tape or some other non permanent mounting mechanism?

Thanks!

geofry-
    The OHLB is the hallway sensor, and only supports major motion in a very narrow angle, but for a LONG distance. It shares the form of the wall and corner sensors, which can be mounted on the wall OWLB (180deg) or corner OKLB (90deg).

You can set a timeclock event to change the sensor from occupancy to vacancy or off. Just remember the offsetting event to return it to the status you need. This is how we fake the logic in RA2.

The command strips should be enough to hold the units, they are quite light. These strips should be included with the unit.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thanks! Super helpful! When dealing with hallways, do folks recommend the OHLB with the narrow angle but long distance and mount it at the end of a hallway, or do folks recommend the 180 degree OWLB halfway down and on the long end of the hallway?

Depends on the hallway and how sensitive you need it. If the hallway is short, I would use the OWLB. Easier to find and more sensitivity options. If the Hallway is around 80-90 feet long, then I would use the OHLB, but you are limited to major motion (probably not an issue...).
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Awesome, thanks!