Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: dimmer replacement

dimmer replacement

The home we purchased 6 years ago had a home theater system in place. The lights were controlled by either wall dimmer switch or via the system remote control. It appears the dimmer switch is hard wired to the system console. The dimmer switch has broken and trying to determine what model of replacement. I do not see any similar for purchase, as the one w have has a wire connected to a small box on the front of the switch. I have taken the plate off but concerned about removing the actual switch due to the connected wire. Any thoughts on the type of switch. Does the wire simply pull out of the switch? Thanks, Greg West

Quote Originally Posted by gregwest2011@yahoo.com View Post
    The home we purchased 6 years ago had a home theater system in place. The lights were controlled by either wall dimmer switch or via the system remote control. It appears the dimmer switch is hard wired to the system console. The dimmer switch has broken and trying to determine what model of replacement. I do not see any similar for purchase, as the one w have has a wire connected to a small box on the front of the switch. I have taken the plate off but concerned about removing the actual switch due to the connected wire. Any thoughts on the type of switch. Does the wire simply pull out of the switch? Thanks, Greg West
    We're gong to need the model number or the manufacturer with a pic of the device. If you turn the power off first you can remove the dimmer without any worry.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com