Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect device type was heard!

Unhappy Incorrect device type was heard!

Friends:The Maestro RRD-6ND-MS dimmer is in a triple box with two other identical dimmers. This dimmer has always worked properly for 5 years. But, when doing the Transfer of the new programming, I had a problem and deleted this dimmer under the Design tab. I then tried to add it back into the system and keep getting this error message (Incorrect device type was heard! ).The other two dimmers in the same box are listed identically to the problem one (RRD-6ND-MS). I would add a screen shot of the error, but do not see an option here to do so.Sure could use some help.Thank you, Richard
    ~~~Richard___ Santa Cruz, CA

I am using Radio RA 2 Essentials 12.0.1Richard

Quote Originally Posted by ROrser View Post
    Friends:The Maestro RRD-6ND-MS dimmer is in a triple box with two other identical dimmers. This dimmer has always worked properly for 5 years. But, when doing the Transfer of the new programming, I had a problem and deleted this dimmer under the Design tab. I then tried to add it back into the system and keep getting this error message (Incorrect device type was heard! ).The other two dimmers in the same box are listed identically to the problem one (RRD-6ND-MS). I would add a screen shot of the error, but do not see an option here to do so.Sure could use some help.Thank you, Richard
    The attachment feature isn't working anyway.

In some instances, moving through the data fields when adding a dimmer (fixture quantity, wattage, etc.) will change the dimmer model number. It is very subtle so you probably won't notice until you go to activate it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you Randy, I think you spotted the problem (RRD-6ND rather than 6CL). But then, I could not find the RRD-6CL dimmer in the list when I went in to edit the dimmer type in the Design tab. There was a 6PRO which I tried to no avail, but then on the 3rd attempt, I saw the RRD 6CL that I needed. I am transferring the program as I type. Thank you so much.Now using 12.6.0. Is there any reason to NOT use this version with my 6 year old RRa2 system that includes Graphik Eyes and other older components?Again, thanks a bunch. Richard

Thank you Randy, I think you spotted the problem (RRD-6ND rather than 6CL). But then, I could not find the RRD-6CL dimmer in the list when I went in to edit the dimmer type in the Design tab. There was a 6PRO which I tried to no avail, but then on the 3rd attempt, I saw the RRD 6CL that I needed. I am transferring the program as I type. Thank you so much.Now using 12.6.0. Is there any reason to NOT use this version with my 6 year old RRa2 system that includes Graphik Eyes and other older components?Again, thanks a bunch. Richard
    12.0.1 and earlier supported the Home Control + app which talked directly to the main repeater. Later versions disabled that and require the Lutron Connect app which requires a connect bridge.

There will always be legacy devices. The RRD-6D is no longer available but if you put it in the software as RRD-6CL you can activate and program it. I say this because the 6CL and 6NA are going away.

There is no issue with using 12.6 with your system.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Fixed problem, but now a new one emerges

I was able to successfully activate and transfer, but now I can no longer use the Lutron Home+ android app to control the RRa2 system. I get a message that This app is not compatible with the version of your Lutron system. Is this problem because I downloaded ver. 12.6 of the software which I used for my activation and transfer. I had no problem using the phone app & ver. 12.1 before. I did see some warning about Lutron stopping support of Home+ in April. How can I again use my phone to control the system? Thanks for your support. Richard

Thanks Randy,I have no need for cloud-remote control of the system, and Home Control+ android app did everything I needed.Now that I have activated a device, modified the programming and transferred the system's program using 12.6 and can no longer use Home+, what is the best way to go back to using 12.0.1?

Thanks Randy,I have no need for cloud-remote control of the system, and Home Control+ android app did everything I needed.Now that I have activated a device, modified the programming and transferred the system's program using 12.6 and can no longer use Home+, what is the best way to go back to using 12.0.1?
    I you have a copy of the 12.0 program and database you should be able to upload it. I say should because some here have had an issue with that. There is an option under Tools for updating main repeater firmware.

You can also set the main repeater back to factory defaults. When you reactivate the main repeater you are creating a new system so you may have to reset all the devices as well. Don't delete the serial numbers though. When you activate devices it will find them by their serial number.

You will need to fix that wayward dimmer again.
    www.convergenceusa.com

So, Randy, you say that because I have ver. 12.0.1 that I "should be able to upload it." What exactly would be uploading?The last thing I did was TRANSFER the RRa2 programming using 12.6. So, if I want to be able to use Home Control+ on my android phone and tablet, I assume that I need to go into my database and using 12,0.1, upload the last save that I did with 12.0.1. But, is that going to allow me to use Home Control+, or did 12.6 modify my repeaters so that they will no longer respond to the Home Control+?Thanks for your tenacity, Richard

So, Randy, you say that because I have ver. 12.0.1 that I "should be able to upload it." What exactly would be uploading?The last thing I did was TRANSFER the RRa2 programming using 12.6. So, if I want to be able to use Home Control+ on my android phone and tablet, I assume that I need to go into my database and using 12,0.1, upload the last save that I did with 12.0.1. But, is that going to allow me to use Home Control+, or did 12.6 modify my repeaters so that they will no longer respond to the Home Control+?Thanks for your tenacity, Richard
    Upload = transfer.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast