Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wiring help please!

Wiring help please!

Hi,I’d like to replace the middle switch (the one I’m touching in the pic) with a new Lutron DVELV-300PH-WH dimmer. 1. Does the existing wiring shown accommodate the new Lutron dimmer?2. If so, to where do I connect the black, white, and yellow wires of the dimmer?Thanks for your help.Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi,I’d like to replace the middle switch (the one I’m touching in the pic) with a new Lutron DVELV-300PH-WH dimmer.
    1. Does the existing wiring shown accommodate the new Lutron dimmer?
    2. If so, to where do I connect the black, white, and yellow wires of the dimmer?

Thanks for your help.Terry
    The pic didn't come through. The 300PH is a single location dimmer. It can only be used if the lights are controlled from a single switch. If you have 2 or more switches you need the DVELV-303PH. It goes at either end of the circuit.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi Terry,The DVELV-303P would be the control to use in a multi-location application where there are more than just one switch controlling power to the lights, however if you do in fact move to this control, please be aware that as the DVELV is a Reverse Phase dimmer, it MUST be installed on the Switched Leg wallbox where you have the wire that feeds power to the lighting load and not not on the Line side where you have power from your breaker being delivered. The DVELV requires a neutral connection to be available in the wallbox. Please find the wiring diagram for this control in this type of application under section 5 "For a 3-way circuit" @ http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/030723D.pdf If you run into any issues with the installation or operation, please don't hesitate to contact our 24/7 technical support team @ 1-888-Lutron1 (588-7661) Hope this helps! -JustinF.