Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Change Device Type

Change Device Type

Using Essentials 12.6. I have a room that has a ceiling fixture controlled by a conventional 3 way switch. I changed the devices to a RRD-6CL and RD-RD. Now I am in the design portion of software. I see the device listed as a standalone CA-1PS. It is the left device in a duplex box and is now the 6CL. It's mate in the kitchen (RD-RD) is 3rd of 4 in a quad box. Doesn't seem to be so easy to edit and change the type of device to a dimmer. The pull down list only shows non dimmed loads and I can't see how to change the device model. It isn't a pull down. I can delete it and add as new, but now it is shown to the right of the other device in the duplex box. So it seems like I have to delete that device and add both back so they end up in the correct order? Same in with the mate three way in the kitchen? I could simply delete and add the devices: There is no engraving or other report that is really going to effect functionality. But that annoys me. This seems like I am missing something and there is a easier way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by dougcoleman View Post
    Using Essentials 12.6. I have a room that has a ceiling fixture controlled by a conventional 3 way switch. I changed the devices to a RRD-6CL and RD-RD. Now I am in the design portion of software. I see the device listed as a standalone CA-1PS. It is the left device in a duplex box and is now the 6CL. It's mate in the kitchen (RD-RD) is 3rd of 4 in a quad box. Doesn't seem to be so easy to edit and change the type of device to a dimmer. The pull down list only shows non dimmed loads and I can't see how to change the device model. It isn't a pull down. I can delete it and add as new, but now it is shown to the right of the other device in the duplex box. So it seems like I have to delete that device and add both back so they end up in the correct order? Same in with the mate three way in the kitchen? I could simply delete and add the devices: There is no engraving or other report that is really going to effect functionality. But that annoys me. This seems like I am missing something and there is a easier way to do this.
    The only devices you can change are the RadioRA devices. Non-system devices like Claro switches, Maestro, etc. have to be deleted and replaced.

On the Design tab you can click and drag the device left or right within the control station.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I did not try to drag the device once it was on the rendering of the switchplate. Thanks.