Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron Caseta light turns on and back off right away - then on and off repeatedly...

Lutron Caseta light turns on and back off right away - then on and off repeatedly...

We have three lamps in one room running off energy efficient bulbs. It has been working fine for half a year or more now, but yesterday the lights came on, then popped back off... then a second later one lamp comes on, and turns off, and on and off, repeatedly until I hit and hold the off button on the Caseta. The pico remote does the same thing. I have everything configured through a Wink hub and the wink app does the same thing. I have tried flipping the breaker to the room, and unplugging all the lamps except one, but the problem still persists... do I have a bad switch? Or am I missing something? I'm confused why it would all of a sudden stop working when it was working fine before.

At one point I turned the brightness up to about 60% and it all stayed on, so I turned it all the way up and then they turned off on me again. I couldn't get that result a second time no matter what I tried. :/

Anyone know what is wrong or how I can troubleshoot this more?

Figured it out... sort of. I unplugged everything, plugged in one of the lamps after putting in an incandescent, turned it on, heard a popping and crackling noise, and then the light stayed on. Plugged in the other lamps and they stayed on. Replaced the temp incandescent with the original energy saver bulb and everything works normal again. Talk about weird.