Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Link Noise indicator increasing slightly day after day

Link Noise indicator increasing slightly day after day

Hello everybody,I have been monitoring one project where I am facing with some issues during the data transfer. The system is HomeworksQS. I did discover that the number on link noise indicator are slightly increasing day after day. So I did check after the last data transfer and the first day the link noise indicators check on support file were showing 0 (which is normal...the noise checker link are reset to zero after everytime that you do data transfer or reset of the main processor. Than second day both link start to increase showing respectively Link0 2 and link1 4......and so it countinue....til now after 2 weeks it has reached for link0 12 and for link1 16. The system it is running perfect and not any issue is reported.My question is what could be the reason to cause this slight increase on each link referring noise indicator.In my project I have installed despite the keypads also 3 smartpanels for powering around 27 blinds drivers plus I have 14 palladiom thermostats. All the number of devices and also pdu for link are according to the rules. I have done a lot trouble shooting and till now I have not found any reason or who is causing the noise.Looking forward if any of you guys has experience the same and give me a solution?Cheers and stay safeRedi Sejamini

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post redis.

If you could please create a support file and email in it into HWsupport@lutron.com so we can investigate this further with you.

Hi Josh,Thanks for your reply. I have already done that. The support team in London is involved with this case. we have done a lot of troubleshooting. Till now not any solution. Today we did a test in our demos room and we strongly believe that the palladiom thermostats are causing the noise itself. We did installed 5 palladiom thermostat in our demo HomeworksQs processor and with the first try to check link noise we identify that the noise counter show 1. Tomorrow in the morning we will check again the system and will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by redis View Post
    Hi Josh,Thanks for your reply. I have already done that. The support team in London is involved with this case. we have done a lot of troubleshooting. Till now not any solution. Today we did a test in our demos room and we strongly believe that the palladiom thermostats are causing the noise itself. We did installed 5 palladiom thermostat in our demo HomeworksQs processor and with the first try to check link noise we identify that the noise counter show 1. Tomorrow in the morning we will check again the system and will let you know.
    Hi again Josh,Further from my last reply, I think we found the problem who is causing the noise in the link.As my engineers were doubting, at least we can confirm to you, that the palladiom thermostat are creating noise in the link. We have also doubt for the shades but for the moment can not proof it.To prove the issue with palladiom thermostats we did this test:We got 5 palladiom thermostatas which we have on our stock and did install in our demo system home works in our office. Our demo system has only 4 QS device in the link 1, the link0 is RF. In the link 1 which has 3 power module device and 1 palladiom keypad we add 5 palladiom thermostat. At the beginning it was zero noise in the link1. We installed and did all the programin job in Lutron designer at left the system over night.Today in the morning we got back and did check. We found that the noise in the lik 1 is increasing slightly during all night. It start from 1 and has reached 7 in the morning.We have reported the case back to our tech sup. and we will be waiting for the response from the engeeniering team