Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lack to read the temperature room from palladiom thermostat sensor

Lack to read the temperature room from palladiom thermostat sensor

Dear All,I have a system where I am controlling also HVAC through Coolmasternet in HomeWorks QS. The system is a daikin VRF and has palladiom thermostats.The question is that:1. the client want to read the room temperature at the palladiom thermostat and not at the ceiling where Daikin is sucking out the air.2. After reading the room temperature to send/report this data to Daikin indoor.I know that sending data through coolmasternet will not be possible since daikin does not allow it. The coolautomation has given me as a solution to use Coolplug instead of coolmasternet.Now my question is how can I read, display on the palladiom screen the room temperature and send this data to the coolplug?Has anybody of you guys faced with the same issue? what are the way could fix this problem of mine. Any suggestion is welcome...I am open to any solution which will fix my problemCheersRedi

Not sure if its helpful, but on a recent Crestron/Coolmaster job we did we were constantly getting odd room temperature readings from the CM. It turns out the Daikin installer had his room temp referencing the return air temp instead of the in room temperature sensor. He needed to change the configuration of the sensor he was monitoring in the Daikin wall mount controller.

Thanks John!That is not my case. Still I do really appreciate your message...In my project I do not have any Creston and with help of Coolautomation, Daikin is doing its job perfect. The room temperature which my palladiom thermostat are reporting they are taking from daikin sensor where the air is suck out which in our case is on the ceiling. The client wants to read the temp of the room from the sensor in palladiom thermostat which is located 1.4 m above the floor. Thanks againCheersredi

Oh then you arent gonna be able to do that from what I know. The CM will only reference a sensor that the Daikin is using. Daikin cant accept a sensor reading from the Palladiom.

Thanks again John,I have been communicating with Coolautomation and they have ensure me that if I use coolplug instead of coolmasternet there is the possibility to send temperature sensor data into Daikin. The problem is on us now. Palladiom can not measure and report temperature from its sensor to coolplug. Here is the problem. Lutron should develope/allow that communication with coolplug. The integration protocol to read and display room temperature from/in to palladiom thermostats are existing. Most tested solution in my case would be to instal a creston which can comunicate with palladiom thermostats and than creston will comunicate with Coolautomation and coolautomation with Daikin....Does not make sense, especially for us as Lutron dealers. Creston is our competitor! I am waiting and really hope to have the solution from lutron. Everything exist...it is just a matter of will...to do or not...simpleCheers mateRedi