Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Programming Homeowner Keypad

Programming Homeowner Keypad

I have three zones HVAC under RadioRa2 control. Within essentials I have a homeowner keypad. I am creating a button that I want to put all three zones into "away" mode (60 degree heating, 80 degree cooling), Hold these temps until another button is pressed on the homeowner keypad to return the HVAC zones to the programmed schedule.I see how I can easily set the zones down to the temps mentioned, but no way to Hold that temp., so I assume it will resume the schedule on the next schedule event. Likewise I see no way to program a button to simply return each of the zones to the heating or cooling schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by dougcoleman View Post
    I have three zones HVAC under RadioRa2 control. Within essentials I have a homeowner keypad. I am creating a button that I want to put all three zones into "away" mode (60 degree heating, 80 degree cooling), Hold these temps until another button is pressed on the homeowner keypad to return the HVAC zones to the programmed schedule.I see how I can easily set the zones down to the temps mentioned, but no way to Hold that temp., so I assume it will resume the schedule on the next schedule event. Likewise I see no way to program a button to simply return each of the zones to the heating or cooling schedule.
    The software says, "If enabled, these temperature setting will be refreshed every six hours during vacation mode." That doesn't make sense to me but it sounds like the program checks every 6 hours to see if the setting got changed and puts it back to the away/vacation mode settings. That doesn't sound like a very good method to me.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

When I go to program the homeowner button and select a particular zones controller all I get is an option to set the heating and cooling temp. Not an option to dig deeper into the settings of the zone to put it is vacation mode. So if I am going to have to go to the heating screen in the app and individually set each zone off the schedule and set to 58, say, then the convenience of a button to do all three at once is pointless. I do not see a vacation option on my iPhone app. I see the zone listed, the current setting, a pull down for "Mode, Fan and Schedule" that once pulled down reveals"Mode: Off: Heat:Auto:Emergency" and "Schedule: On:Off". From within schedule there are two settings: "Weekdays:Weekends" Within that "Wake:Home:Away:Sleep". I don't want to have to use "Away" as the vacation setback, as I see "Away" as a short term daily setback when it is likely no one is in the house, but only for a few hours and it doesn't make sense to take the house down to 58 or 60 only to have to heat it up again in 4 hours. Plus it appears that I still couldn't put it into "away" from the button programming anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dougcoleman View Post
    When I go to program the homeowner button and select a particular zones controller all I get is an option to set the heating and cooling temp. Not an option to dig deeper into the settings of the zone to put it is vacation mode. So if I am going to have to go to the heating screen in the app and individually set each zone off the schedule and set to 58, say, then the convenience of a button to do all three at once is pointless. I do not see a vacation option on my iPhone app. I see the zone listed, the current setting, a pull down for "Mode, Fan and Schedule" that once pulled down reveals"Mode: Off: Heat:Auto:Emergency" and "Schedule: On:Off". From within schedule there are two settings: "Weekdays:Weekends" Within that "Wake:Home:Away:Sleep". I don't want to have to use "Away" as the vacation setback, as I see "Away" as a short term daily setback when it is likely no one is in the house, but only for a few hours and it doesn't make sense to take the house down to 58 or 60 only to have to heat it up again in 4 hours. Plus it appears that I still couldn't put it into "away" from the button programming anyway.
    From a keypad button, change the button type to Timeclock mode. You can add HVAC settings here. You can add lights and shades as well but you don't have to.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com