Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Passing 75

Passing 75

I have 77 Caseta switches. And I need to add 6 more. I understand that the 75 was for performance, but I’m wondering if that limit is an arbitrary limit or a really hard number based on program limitations. I know it was increased from 50 to 75, but it sure would be nice to get that number even higher. Any chance of that? I want to give Lutron more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Greer View Post
    I have 77 Caseta switches. And I need to add 6 more. I understand that the 75 was for performance, but I’m wondering if that limit is an arbitrary limit or a really hard number based on program limitations. I know it was increased from 50 to 75, but it sure would be nice to get that number even higher. Any chance of that? I want to give Lutron more money.
    Highly unlikely. I'm sure there are some technical reasons but Lutron has RA2 Select which has a 100 device limit and RadioRA 2 which has a 200 device limit. Adding more to Caseta would kill the R2S line and encroach on the RadioRA 2 market.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Might want to think about adding a second bridge and maybe off load some of the items that are not used a lot or setup with timers. Like Randy said, I highly doubt they will increase the number again. I am thankful they bumped it up to what they did! There are plenty of threads on how folks are using other bridges or two bridges to manage all of their devices.

Yes. It is unlikely. Though you can try it once.

I doubt they will do it...it took them years of debate to even do this one for which i'm thankful. I don't think anybody expected Caseta to be as popular as it is...I certainly didn't and was recommending Radio Ra2 to people until just a couple of years ago. The popularity caught people who would have never thought they'd go above 50 devices off guard so the 75 and the extender were gifts. Going beyond that would pretty much render Ra2 select (which honestly I don't think is that popular) useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Greer View Post
    There is probably a 100 device limit per hub. Radio RA2 select has a 100 device limit, and Radio RA2 can do 200 devices but needs a second hub once you exceed 100 devices. From what i have heard, except at the very high end, the residential custom installations market is evaporating with the proliferation of smart home tech. You are even seeing players like Savant making moves into the DIY space (with their purchase of GE lighting). Eventually Lutron will have no choice but to merge all three of the platforms, and make the whole portfolio available to end consumers.