Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lights blink continuously with new PD-6ANS

Question Lights blink continuously with new PD-6ANS

I'm having trouble with the installation of a PD-6ANS switch to control a pair of outdoor porch lights.I've installed a couple of these switches in the past without a problem.After installing the new switch, I turn on the power and the lights begin blinking. This is a slow and steady blink, not to a strobe-like flicker. The LEDs on the switch also blink.My thinking is that the wiring is good or the lights wouldn't be getting power. Is this a bad switch?

Quote Originally Posted by kbiglione View Post
    I'm having trouble with the installation of a PD-6ANS switch to control a pair of outdoor porch lights.I've installed a couple of these switches in the past without a problem.After installing the new switch, I turn on the power and the lights begin blinking. This is a slow and steady blink, not to a strobe-like flicker. The LEDs on the switch also blink.My thinking is that the wiring is good or the lights wouldn't be getting power. Is this a bad switch?
    Make sure you have the neutral connected. You can also try installing the MLC (capacitor) that should have came in the box. Make sure you have the power connected to the black wire and the load connected to the red.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks for the reply.I do have the neutral connected. The power and load seem to be correct. If I reverse them (or remove the neutral, for that matter) there's no power to the lights. I did not receive an MLC in the box. There was an extra yellow wire. Could that be it?kb

Quote Originally Posted by kbiglione View Post
    Thanks for the reply.I do have the neutral connected. The power and load seem to be correct. If I reverse them (or remove the neutral, for that matter) there's no power to the lights. I did not receive an MLC in the box. There was an extra yellow wire. Could that be it?kb
    The yellow wire is used if you have a 2nd switch (3-way) and want to replace it with a Pico remote.

Electronic devices can be sensitive to neutral interaction. There can be more than 1 circuit in a box. Make sure you have the neutral from the circuit the lights are on.

All neutrals are white. Not all white wires are neutral. You can test the neutral by measuring voltage between the hot and neutral.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com