Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Feit Electric 32 Watt LED

Feit Electric 32 Watt LED

I have a large fixture A base lamp, Feit A/OM2200R-LED. This is a high output 32 watt actual , 150 watt equivalent lamp. It doesn't show up on any of the RadioRA2 compatibility lists for dimmers. Presently I have the fixture wired through a Lutron Skylark SCL-153P. This dimmer works flawlessly. No noise, dims down to zero smoothly, no flicker at low levels. Seriously flawlessly. It has been installed for 2 years now, used every night for 2-4 hours. So I don't think it is at or near tolerance for the application. The lamp in question is not on the compatibly list for the Skylark. In the compatibility tool the lamp number is rejected from the first character, although if I download a pdf I see a lower wattage version of the lamp is compatible (OM/1600R-LED) with certain devices. So I am trying to determine which RadioRa2 device to try and replace the skylark?

Quote Originally Posted by dougcoleman View Post
    I have a large fixture A base lamp, Feit A/OM2200R-LED. This is a high output 32 watt actual , 150 watt equivalent lamp. It doesn't show up on any of the RadioRA2 compatibility lists for dimmers. Presently I have the fixture wired through a Lutron Skylark SCL-153P. This dimmer works flawlessly. No noise, dims down to zero smoothly, no flicker at low levels. Seriously flawlessly. It has been installed for 2 years now, used every night for 2-4 hours. So I don't think it is at or near tolerance for the application. The lamp in question is not on the compatibly list for the Skylark. In the compatibility tool the lamp number is rejected from the first character, although if I download a pdf I see a lower wattage version of the lamp is compatible (OM/1600R-LED) with certain devices. So I am trying to determine which RadioRa2 device to try and replace the skylark?
    Lutron only tests bulbs that have been submitted to them. There are a lot of bulbs & fixtures out there that work well with Lutron dimmers.

The Skylark is a forward phase dimmer. The RadioRA equivalent is RD-6CL. I would lean towards the RD-6ND as it has a neutral connection.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks, Randy.

Randy, While I have you, as it were, a question about neutral devices. My system was configured and programed by an installer. I have since taken the training for essentials. Anyway, I had a device that was always marginal. Three LED recessed fixtures, they would always come on fine, dim okay, but didn’t always want to shut off. It would dim down, then bounce back up. I would have to turn them off two or three times. Eventually the device failed. It was a RRD-6CL. Lutron replaced it for me with a RRD-PRO. While I was in the box, I noticed that there was a neutral in the junction box. So I wired the RRD-PRO with the neutral. It would not activate. It functioned fine as an independent device. I then removed the neutral and it activated fine. I checked the lines in the box since this box was old from original house right on the perimeter of a large addition, so I thought maybe the neutral was funky. The neutral is fine. So anyway, since this a single lamp controlled by a single device, and the RRD-6CL is less expensive and easier to find I will get one and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by dougcoleman View Post
    Randy, While I have you, as it were, a question about neutral devices. My system was configured and programed by an installer. I have since taken the training for essentials. Anyway, I had a device that was always marginal. Three LED recessed fixtures, they would always come on fine, dim okay, but didn’t always want to shut off. It would dim down, then bounce back up. I would have to turn them off two or three times. Eventually the device failed. It was a RRD-6CL. Lutron replaced it for me with a RRD-PRO. While I was in the box, I noticed that there was a neutral in the junction box. So I wired the RRD-PRO with the neutral. It would not activate. It functioned fine as an independent device. I then removed the neutral and it activated fine. I checked the lines in the box since this box was old from original house right on the perimeter of a large addition, so I thought maybe the neutral was funky. The neutral is fine. So anyway, since this a single lamp controlled by a single device, and the RRD-6CL is less expensive and easier to find I will get one and see how it goes.
    The RRD-6CL is going away so don't wait too long to get one.

The PRO is the latest and greatest from Lutron. There are some instances where they say you don't need the neutral. That doesn't explain why it wouldn't activate with the neutral connected. Not all white wires are neutrals. You can test by measuring from neutral to ground (should get 0V) and neutral to hot (should get 120v).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com