Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Error message on startup Essentials 12.6

Error message on startup Essentials 12.6

Hello gang, I have Essentials 12.6. A while ago I had a main repeater that bricked just as I started to use it. It might have been from all the power cycling, maybe just kismet. Any way, while I was trying to resolve this I would notice a message flash briefly on the screen as 12.6 was starting. I would appear just as the page for the software drew, and would clear so fast I finally took a video of the sequence to see what the message read. It read that I had a repeater needing BIOS and Firmware, which I knew. I could never get past the firmware update with the original main repeater. Replacing it did the trick. Now when I start the Essentials 12.6 I still get a message flashing on the screen. It refers to failed devices. Retry and Close buttons. Again, it is on the screen for less than a second and self clears. I'd love to attach a screen shot, but when I select manage attachments below it just takes me to the forum homepage. Not a window to upload a file. Mentioned the first message to tech support and they said that it seemed about right with what turned out to be a bricked main repeater. Haven't bothered with this occurrence, as so far everything seems to be working as expected. The file I am opening does not have any failed devices but it does have two auxiliary repeaters that have yet to be activated. Could that be it?Also, I am using the new Microsoft edge. I will load the forum on Chrome and see if the manage attachments button works there.Edit: Manage Attachments does not work on Chrome either.

Quote Originally Posted by dougcoleman View Post
    Hello gang, I have Essentials 12.6. A while ago I had a main repeater that bricked just as I started to use it. It might have been from all the power cycling, maybe just kismet. Any way, while I was trying to resolve this I would notice a message flash briefly on the screen as 12.6 was starting. I would appear just as the page for the software drew, and would clear so fast I finally took a video of the sequence to see what the message read. It read that I had a repeater needing BIOS and Firmware, which I knew. I could never get past the firmware update with the original main repeater. Replacing it did the trick. Now when I start the Essentials 12.6 I still get a message flashing on the screen. It refers to failed devices. Retry and Close buttons. Again, it is on the screen for less than a second and self clears. I'd love to attach a screen shot, but when I select manage attachments below it just takes me to the forum homepage. Not a window to upload a file. Mentioned the first message to tech support and they said that it seemed about right with what turned out to be a bricked main repeater. Haven't bothered with this occurrence, as so far everything seems to be working as expected. The file I am opening does not have any failed devices but it does have two auxiliary repeaters that have yet to be activated. Could that be it?Also, I am using the new Microsoft edge. I will load the forum on Chrome and see if the manage attachments button works there.Edit: Manage Attachments does not work on Chrome either.
    If it only happens with 1 specific file I would say the file is corrupted. You can email it to tech support and see if they can repair it. I would rewrite the program as it will never get better and will probably get worse.

If it happens with multiple files, I would uninstall the software and reinstall. Assuming you have rebooted to try and clear the error.

I have also noticed, not specifically with 12.6 but with previous versions, I have to close and reopen the software after 3-4 uploads.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I reported this back in 2018. Support was never able to figure it out. It never caused any actual issues, so I didn't feel the need to pursue it.Here's a video. https://youtu.be/-9D5xcoLwIE

I uninstalled and re installed the software, restarting after each step. Re downloaded as well. Still there. This is a file Lutron stripped out some shared scenes so I could use in Essentials. Another answer said he had noticed this on previous releases in 2018, so I will assume it is just one of those things. Be Well.