Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sunnata Touch Dimmer internal breaker?

Sunnata Touch Dimmer internal breaker?

I recently installed several Sunnata Touch Dimmers in my home. They all work amazing indeed. However, yesterday morning I go to the dining area touch dimmer and the light bar is not lit. I try the lights and nothing happened. The lights would not turn on at all. My first thought was maybe a breaker was switched (power surge?) but before removing the cover plate to the dimmer I checked with a volt meter to make sure it was getting power and, yes, it's getting power. I turned off the whole house breaker to check the turmination wiring on the dimmer. Checked to make sure all wire turmination connections were solid with no issues. I carefully returned the wires to their respective locations within the box, turn the main breaker back on and the dimmer was back in working order.Does the Sunnata Touch Dimmer have an internal breaker that can be reset by turning the power to that dimmer off then back on? What might cause a Sunnata Touch Dimmer to all of a sudden stop working over night then begin working after inspection and main power off then on again? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by KBear View Post
    I recently installed several Sunnata Touch Dimmers in my home. They all work amazing indeed. However, yesterday morning I go to the dining area touch dimmer and the light bar is not lit. I try the lights and nothing happened. The lights would not turn on at all. My first thought was maybe a breaker was switched (power surge?) but before removing the cover plate to the dimmer I checked with a volt meter to make sure it was getting power and, yes, it's getting power. I turned off the whole house breaker to check the turmination wiring on the dimmer. Checked to make sure all wire turmination connections were solid with no issues. I carefully returned the wires to their respective locations within the box, turn the main breaker back on and the dimmer was back in working order.Does the Sunnata Touch Dimmer have an internal breaker that can be reset by turning the power to that dimmer off then back on? What might cause a Sunnata Touch Dimmer to all of a sudden stop working over night then begin working after inspection and main power off then on again? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    It could be a minimum load issue. Electronic dimmers need to have a certain load to power the electronics in the dimmer. It depends on the LED but it is typically 1 led. However, some models may require 2 or more bulbs.

It could be a compatibility issue.

The easiest way to reset the dimmer is to pull the tab out at the bottom of the dimmer. Wait a few seconds, then push it back in.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you randyc for your response. Since I looked it (Dimmer Switch) over yesterday and posted my question last night the dimmer switch is working just fine. I will keep it in mind to try pulling out the FASS and waiting for a few seconds if this should happen again and see if that makes a difference. Thank you, once again, for your input.