Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Jandy RS4 with iAquaLink

Question Jandy RS4 with iAquaLink

Anyone used RA2 to control a Jandy RS4 with iAquaLink? Have a client that is wanting to use a Lutron 6 button keypad to control pool functions. Looking for solutions/advice... Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshD View Post
    Anyone used RA2 to control a Jandy RS4 with iAquaLink? Have a client that is wanting to use a Lutron 6 button keypad to control pool functions. Looking for solutions/advice... Thanks in advance.
    I don't think that is going to work. I'm not aware off any way to export a RS232 or Ethernet command from RA2.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

If the Jandy RS4 can operate with input from relays, you could possibly use several RA2 RF relays, each of which are then programmed to the buttons on the keypad.
    I do this with a home automation system. I am using CharmedQuark/CQC with my RadioRA2 equipment, and the pools is Hayward OmniLogic. The CQC system has drivers for RadioRA2 and OmniLogic. I have a RRD-W7B-WH Wall Keypad that does not control any direct loads, however, the button actions are programmed to do things in CQC. When one of the buttons is pressed, CQC, via the RA2 driver, knows which one was pressed. Based on this, I can have each button do what I want with the pool by then passing the command to the OmniLogic driver: water feature on|off, pool light on|off, etc.