Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: What wire do i use linking main repeater to aux?

What wire do i use linking main repeater to aux?

Hello all! Ill make this short. Need the model number or name and or link to direct bury wire to run from main repeater to aux? I am about 150' away. Also could you please tell me does the 22g pair go with com-n/c OR with mux-mux? And if anyone cares to explain why or send me a link a can read on that would be appreciated. Thank you

Liberty Wire and Cable has the cheapest option that will work. Also Lutron HWQS Keypad wire, shade wire, as well as CrestNet wire from Crestron. All pretty the same thing. Your distance is concerning for the LV power on the 18g pair. May need to use the 12g more expensive version, or use the plug in power supply that comes with the aux repeater. The 22g shielded pair is on the MUX/MUX-- for communication. Liberty with the 18g power and 22g comm- https://secure.libertycable.com/prod...tem=LUTRON-GRN. Liberty with the 12g power and 22g comm- looks like they don't offer anymore. Liberty might be 500' rolls. Otherwise the Lutron cable (GRX-346s, i think) is more expensive in a 250' roll.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I had planed on plugging the aux repeater into an outlet at its location, does this mean I do not need the 18g pair? If so than just one cat 6 should work only using the mux/mux? thanks for all your information!

Almost, the 18g pair was for power and the 22g shielded pair was communications. If you are plugging in, then the 18g is redundant. I've had other contractors use Cat5e for the mux link, just double up some pairs or each of the mux and mux--. Best to pull in a conduit if you can, that way if something fails or doesn't work, it's easier to replace.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

5. Likes wkearney99 liked this post