Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Integration with Control4 crashing network

Integration with Control4 crashing network

I have one ... and only one ... C4 project that when the QS system is left talking to the C4, in a period of about 36 hours, the entire network comes crashing to a halt. If I break the connection in the C4 director, everything is fine (except, of course, I can't turn the lights on and off with the C4), so it's not a matter of the two of them simply residing on the same network. C4 says it's a Lutron problem, and Lutron says it's a C4 problem. The network is all Luxul, but I've used Luxul in the past without issue ... and frankly, I'm more than willing to abandon it and put in something else, it's just a router and two switches, the WiFi is eero, and isn't in the loop anyway since everything else is wired. I have not had a similar issue anywhere else, though this QS system is larger than many, there are two 2-link processors with 90 wal-box devices and 79 power module devices and The terminal in C4 suggests that even though I have it set not to send a keep-alive, it's sending it anyway. It doesn't seem to me that it's at a frequency, however, that ought to be a problem. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DHawthorne View Post
    I have one ... and only one ... C4 project that when the QS system is left talking to the C4, in a period of about 36 hours, the entire network comes crashing to a halt. If I break the connection in the C4 director, everything is fine (except, of course, I can't turn the lights on and off with the C4), so it's not a matter of the two of them simply residing on the same network. C4 says it's a Lutron problem, and Lutron says it's a C4 problem. The network is all Luxul, but I've used Luxul in the past without issue ... and frankly, I'm more than willing to abandon it and put in something else, it's just a router and two switches, the WiFi is eero, and isn't in the loop anyway since everything else is wired. I have not had a similar issue anywhere else, though this QS system is larger than many, there are two 2-link processors with 90 wal-box devices and 79 power module devices and The terminal in C4 suggests that even though I have it set not to send a keep-alive, it's sending it anyway. It doesn't seem to me that it's at a frequency, however, that ought to be a problem. Any ideas?
    If both systems work after you break the connection my guess would be that the system is getting slammed with too much traffic. Maybe try an older/newer driver?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com