Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Recreating Inclusive design in Essentials

Recreating Inclusive design in Essentials

My installer used Inclusive to program my system and wrongly thought that I would be able to edit it with Essentials. It seems he was wrong and there is no way to go from Inclusive to Essentials, even if there is nothing unique to Inclusive in my system........ Installer offered to "recreate" my system in Essentials and then email the file to me so I can use it. Will that work? Can he associate every device in the old system with the new one in Essentials so that I can pick up in Essentials right where he left off in Inclusive without adding everything back in?.........Or will every existing device have to be manually added again and then associated with the new Essentials design?........ Is it even possible for him to create a virgin design that duplicates the old one without manually adding the devices first? (That may be a stupid question but it's been a while since I did the training and I've never built a system from scratch so not sure if adding devices has to be done before designing.).................... Side question - Does anyone from Lutron read these threads? I have a problem with posting in the forum. No matter how many times I hit the Return key to break my post up into paragraphs, the forum software ignores them and puts everything into one giant block. This has happened on two different computers, using different operating systems, and in different browsers. Seems like some issue associated with my account that prevents me from creating paragraphs. Nobody else seems to have this problem. It is very weird and annoying. I tried using the forum contact link but I get an error message that says "Sorry. The email function has been disabled by the administrator." WTH????

Forum formatting broken for most people for quite a while. If he recreates the file in essentials, you'll have to load it onto your machine then activate again. If he copies the serial numbers and then enters then into the Essentials file, this will theoretically work. I am guessing that you will have to default ALL the devices and then run the activation- but the activation should run fairly quickly with all the serial numbers input (correctly). Then run a transfer.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Lutron Technical Support
    You could email the file to systemsupport@lutron.com with a description of the issue. We may be able to convert it to work on Essentials if there are no Inclusive devices in the program.Yes, we read these threads. We know about the issue with being unable to insert a line feed/carriage return, and are working on correcting the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

@Brian W.- I have the issue on Chrome and Firefox, FYI.

Hi Brian, I called support about this problem and I was advised to send the file to a different email address, it's been a week and nobody ever got back to me with a converted file. I just sent the file to the email to the email address you provided, hopefully someone on the receiving end will get back to me this time. Please help! Thanks!

While I have your ear, Brian, I'm having another forum issue. I am not receiving email notifications for new posts, even if I am subscribed to a thread. Not sure if this also is a known side-wide problem or if this problem is unique to me. Would be great to receive notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    You could email the file to systemsupport@lutron.com with a description of the issue. We may be able to convert it to work on Essentials if there are no Inclusive devices in the program.Yes, we read these threads. We know about the issue with being unable to insert a line feed/carriage return, and are working on correcting the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    We do appreciate that. It's not just the CR problem. So much stuff has been broken for so long - like this post, thanks for this post, reply, reply with quote, attaching photos. This is the only feedback I remember seeing where Lutron acknowledged any issues.

Thanks again and tell Lutron Randy said you could have next Friday off!
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Brian - it's been a few weeks now. Can you please update me? Or have ANYONE get back to me?

@uscpsycho email me, I think I have a solution.