Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HQRK-R25NE-240 HWQS v14.3.0

HQRK-R25NE-240 HWQS v14.3.0

I'm having an issue with the In-line Dimer for HWQSI can easily activate it but when I perform a transfer I get the following error message;device upload failure, component transfer,2update of device failedI have factory reset the device with triple tap but it still will not resolve the issue.Any advise much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jwbcinergy View Post
    I'm having an issue with the In-line Dimer for HWQSI can easily activate it but when I perform a transfer I get the following error message;device upload failure, component transfer,2update of device failedI have factory reset the device with triple tap but it still will not resolve the issue.Any advise much appreciated
    It sounds like a communication issue. It's not uncommon for a device to activate and then not update when uploading. Steel beams, fluorescent ballast, etc. can cause interference. They don't have to be line-of-site to cause interference. Try moving the device or the repeater and see if it helps.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    It sounds like a communication issue. It's not uncommon for a device to activate and then not update when uploading. Steel beams, fluorescent ballast, etc. can cause interference. They don't have to be line-of-site to cause interference. Try moving the device or the repeater and see if it helps.
    Hi Randy, Thaks for posting. I'm setting up prior to installation so the Repeater is a meter away from the dimmer. Things I've tried to resolve the issue - 1. try connecting a load to the dimmer2. try a different dimmer3. try and transfer with a greater distance between the repeater and dimmer4. try a creating a new project filenone of the above has resolved the issue

Hi Randy, Thaks for posting. I'm setting up prior to installation so the Repeater is a meter away from the dimmer. Things I've tried to resolve the issue - 1. try connecting a load to the dimmer2. try a different dimmer3. try and transfer with a greater distance between the repeater and dimmer4. try a creating a new project filenone of the above has resolved the issue
    You could try moving the dimmer farther away. 1-meter should be plenty but it doesn't seem to be working.

Is it just the one dimmer? One specific model? It might be worth a call to Lutron to see if they have any known issues.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Smile

Hi Randy,I called Tech Support and they suggested changing the RF channel from 0x00 to 0x02 (868.825). This did the trick!

Hi Randy,I called Tech Support and they suggested changing the RF channel from 0x00 to 0x02 (868.825). This did the trick!
    Well that makes no sense at all. I am glad it worked though!
    www.convergenceusa.com