Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Manually programming after software programming

Manually programming after software programming

I have a system that was programmed by software. Is it possible to now make changes or add devices using the manual programming method described here - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...044-254b.pdfIt It says "The first time Add Mode is entered on a Main Repeater, it will create a new system with a unique system address" which leads me to believe that manually adding devices will wipe out anything previously programmed. Is that correct? If so, is there any way to add dimmers or program keypad buttons without the software and without wiping out whatever was previously programmed?

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I have a system that was programmed by software. Is it possible to now make changes or add devices using the manual programming method described here - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...044-254b.pdfIt It says "The first time Add Mode is entered on a Main Repeater, it will create a new system with a unique system address" which leads me to believe that manually adding devices will wipe out anything previously programmed. Is that correct? If so, is there any way to add dimmers or program keypad buttons without the software and without wiping out whatever was previously programmed?
    You can do on or the other method but not both. If you switch, any programming from the previous method is lost.

The only way to add or remove devices is with the programming software (or manual programming). I believe homeowners can take the RA2 Essentials course and get the Essentials software.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com