Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Interactive to QS - RPM to Din Conversion

Interactive to QS - RPM to Din Conversion

I have a question about the mechanical installation of the DIN rail modules. I have a client who is upgrading from a Homeworks Interactive system with 3 enclosures full of RPM's.We're getting a proposal together to upgrade to QS, QSX if the timing is right.Question - Is it possible to use the Din Rail modules in the original RPM enclosure.? Has anybody tried this and is it a matter of adding the Din rails and rewiring? Does Lutron has an upgrade path?Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpleeb View Post
    I have a question about the mechanical installation of the DIN rail modules. I have a client who is upgrading from a Homeworks Interactive system with 3 enclosures full of RPM's.We're getting a proposal together to upgrade to QS, QSX if the timing is right.Question - Is it possible to use the Din Rail modules in the original RPM enclosure.?

Has anybody tried this and is it a matter of adding the Din rails and rewiring?

Does Lutron has an upgrade path?Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks
    Lutron does have upgrade programs. Check with your rep to see which one(s) you are eligible for. Typically it is 10% off the new product. It has to be 1-for-1. If you had 10 keypads and are expanding to 12, you only get the credit on 10. They usually only ask for the processor back.

The PNL-8 and PD8 panels are physically the same size. I believe the DIN modules would fit. You might have to move or remove the existing terminal blocks to accommodate the wider DIN modules. The problem is that the PNL-8 isn't "rated" for the DIN modules. Without Lutron's blessing all the liability falls on you.

If you have white label RPMs they definitely need to be replaced. If you have red or blue label RPMs they could be used in a QS system but not QSX at this time.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks, randyc That's what I was looking for.

I thought there was a piece of software to "convert" at least part of an Illumination/Interactive system over to QS. Can't find anything... which is typical. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Even a FAQ with some basic instructions?TIAAndy
    Audio, Video, Networking, & Automation Designed Around You

I've been able to convert from Interactive to Illumination... but I'm stuck there.

Finally found it!